08 | Let's Play, Clare

A FOUR-YEAR-OLD Clare Florence is playing a game in her room with her older sister and Chase Harper can't help but smile at the chaotic duo.

"Again! Again!" the younger requested, "I never win this game."

The older's eyes formed into half-moons as her lips curved up, "Let's try again... Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Clare showed scissors while Riley laid rock.

"No!" the younger squirms, "Why do you always win?"

"I don't know! Luck, I guess," Riley then acted like she brushed the dust off her shoulders.

Clare pouts while looking down, "Let's play another game. I don't like this game."

Riley's face brightened, "I'll grab the cards from my room. Let's make a castle!"

The seven-year-old stood up and ran at full speed, leaving a squirming Clare on the loose.

"It's not fair! How does she always win?"

"Maybe because you always use scissors?"

"It's still not fair," Clare lied down, flat on her back, and started kicking her feet in mid-air, "Not fair! Not fair! Not fair!"

Chase just couldn't remove the smile that's glued on his lips.

Considering that only Clare can see and hear Chase, he introduced himself as her imaginary friend regardless of how clueless he was in his situation and the young lass happily accepted his offer.

"Do you want to win the next game?" the boy questioned with pleading eyes.

She hurriedly sat up, "Of course I do!"

"Then is it alright if I control your body?"