09 | Whitened Eyes

A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD GIRL saw her little sister lying on the floor with whitened eyes. As tears laid beneath her sight, she felt helpless.

Both of them are home alone. Their older brother is still at school and their parents are at work.

"C-clare?" the older asked nervously. The younger just froze.

Even though this is the third time Riley saw it, this scene was never appealing to her so she ran towards her room, locking the doors as she hastily crawled on her bed — her blanket acting as a shield.

Chase Harper then got full control of Clare's body. He tried to stand up, and the young girl followed.

"Riley?" the boy asks but the voice was the little girl's, "I have some more questions to ask."

Desperate for answers, the lad walks towards Riley's room. He tried opening the door but it was locked so he proceeded to knock, softly.

"Go a-away," Riley's voice was shaking from fear, "Last time I let you in, y-you... You were pulling my hair and-d..."

He could tell she was crying yet he insisted, "Please, let me in."

He controlled the younger's hand as it knocked furiously on the door, scaring the other one, "You already gave me the date. I need to know—"

"N-No!"

"Please, just tell me what happened. I need to know what happened!"

"And then y-you'll hurt me," Riley sobbed in between her words, "You'll hurt me like what you did before!"

The knocking stopped.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you. I was... I was just scared and..."

Clare's body then fell to the ground with a loud thud. The young girl's consciousness slowly regained and Chase decided to stand beside her.

For the third time, Chase Harper just cried there, helplessly and defeated.