Rando #5

Even in a pile of crimson snow, Emily was just as gorgeous as the day I met her. Before my very eyes the warmth of a still heart melts the winter from beneath my feet. Frozen tears continue their descent down the hills and valleys of her ashen face.

Are those her tears or mine?

I gasp for air, but none comes. I scream again, louder this time. And louder still. I curse the names of everyone who caused this. Some prophecy it was. How could this be fate if it still hurts so much?

I feel the sensational pull, tugging at the corners of my mind. I know she's trying to take over, that vile creature. I let her, pooling more and more emotions for her to drink from me.

Like a leech, she hungrily takes it all, too dumb to stop, not knowing that she's coming apart at the seams. In a Crescendo of my rage, confusion, and betrayal her guts spill across this falsified forest floor. Blood curdling screams echo around the dim chamber.

I don't stop there. The fabled "unbreakable" box has shattered into millions of pieces, bringing spirits to their knees and gods to tears.

"An eye for an eye." I whisper bitterly into the ear of my old friend, plunging my fists through both their brother's and their egotistical heads. Black blood leaks from the gaping holes left behind where their brains once lay.

Dripping with the blood of sacred beings and banished devils I lay in the dirt beside the only girl I've ever truly loved.

The queen is dead, and so is my love. Soon, I shall follow.