Chapter Eleven: King's Game

I get a message from Minerva saying that her father is back. I immediately message her back telling her to tell him that I'm coming. I head to Xander's room to tell Emily that I'll be gone. Xander passes me in the hallway.

I call after him, "I think you'll enjoy what I'm about to tell her." He stops and lingers just out of sight, but within earshot. I smirk, knowing that when I leave here he'll be extra flustered because of me.

"What." She deadpans, referring to my grin. I don't know why she doesn't like me, I've been nothing but helpful to her. I've even dropped subtle hints about her destiny, and she's still so ungrateful.

"You'll find out soon enough. All in good time, my love."

"Why are you here?" She asks. Ouch, so cold.

"I came to tell you that I'll be leaving for a while. So you two can either come with me or stay here together. Alone." I grin at her, another hint. It goes right over her head.

"Can I have my key back then?" She glares at me and crosses her arms.

"Sure sure. I don't care." I wave her off and give the key to her. She snatches it out of my hand.

Rude. Does she even have manners? I sigh and brush off my suit before turning and strutting away, she glares daggers at my back as I walk.

Once I'm out of sight she mumbles under her breath, "Weirdo."

I pass Xander and wink.

"You gave her the key? But Ives and I had an agreement that you couldn't give it to her until your meeting with the king!" I grin wider. He realizes what's going on and stomps down the hallway.

"She'll realize sooner than you think, boy. In fact, I think she may already have an idea." He stops and turns, making sure I'm not lying.

"You better be telling me the truth." I open the portal in the center of the hall and step through, closing it behind me. I arrive in the throne room of His Majesty. He looks at me and sighs deeply.

"What is it this time?" He says, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Your Majesty," I bow, "I've come to discuss important matters regarding the Cerebrals."

"Speak."

"They've been prowling the area around my dear sibling's residence and have already captured the owner of The Manor once. I'm afraid that they're coming for the prophesied one next."

"WHat do you intend to do about it?"

"I request for you to hold them off until the prophesied one is ready to take Her down."

"I'll see what I can do. But I can't make any promises. And next time, ask my daughter before showing up in my castle and causing a big ruckus."

"Of course, Your Majesty."