Chapter 15: Fill Me With Love

(AN, the pic in the media is my inspo for the rr)

The door to Xander's room swings open, waking me up from a very peaceful nap. Xander groans and sits up next to me, squinting his eyes.

"Sir, the construction is completed. Overall time, 15 hours." A young creatures says, he stands on two furry legs with bone-like spikes protruding from the sides. He shifts from one foot to the other, waiting on a response. His eyes are half-lidded and he fights to keep his head up. A hat teeters on one of his small horns and clatters to the floor as his head momentarily drops. He leans down and scoops it up quickly, cursing himself in the process.

"Did you work overnight again Carlos?"

"I- Yeah." He says looking down at his feet. Xander sighs and rests his head in his hands. Carlos looks nervously at me, as if I can give him further instruction. I give him a look of sympathy.

"Xander, goddammit, just let the kid go to sleep! Carlos, you go to bed." I demand shooing him away with my hand. He hesitates looking back at Xander to see if it's okay. Xander nods and flops back into his pillow. I wave to Carlos as he sprints out of the room and down the hall.

"Thank you, miss!" He calls back to me. I stretch and fall back into the bed, curling into Xander for warmth. He looks at his phone and curses.

"We should get up, Ives is coming back today."

"Really?" I ask excitedly. He nods and throws the blanket off. Xander grabs my arm and pulls me off the bed.

"C'mon, we should go see the new rooms since we're up." I feel the chilly air nipping at my exposed skin and shiver. Xander looks over to me and grabs something from his dresser, throwing it back at me.

"What's this?"

"Just put it on. I have to go get the key from Carlos' dad before he leaves." I throw it on over my thin, sleeveless shirt as we walk and I melt into the warmth. Another one of his hoodies, this one is green and has white text on it.

He walks me to the family room and an older man gestures to him from one of the arm chairs in the corner. He waves to me then raises a brow at Xander. I look between them as they seem to have a mental conversation.

Xander nods.

"Here's your key. I got to go, Carlos is waitin' for me in the car." The man says in a thick Italian accent. He stands and leans on a carved wooden cane for support as he strides towards the front door. Xander nods and waves.

We walk back up the hall and reach our wing. I hadn't even seen the other side yet because I was struggling to pull the hoodie over my head.

Three big oak doors line the left wall, outlined in iridescent stone slabs. The doorknobs are polished brass and they reflect like gold in the chandelier above the blood pool. That's new.

Xander opens all three doors peeking inside, making sure it's exactly how he wanted it. He nods approvingly then motions me forward to the door on the left. I enter cautiously and stand frozen in the doorway.

Thick, white crown molding lines the ceiling and doorways, complementing the stained dark oak of the doors themselves. It has deep wine red walls with black framed photos. The carpet is shaggy and cream colored and the curtains are a lacy off-white with brass tie-backs and rods. A huge white vanity sits against the left wall with a little stool to sit in. A huge canopy bed sits against the back wall with black pillows and blankets, the sheets are a crimson color.

A huge mural of two renaissance women lines the back wall behind the bed. One feeds an apple to the other as they rest under a big willow tree.

I shakily walk to the left and stand before two grand doors that I assume lead to the closet. The doors swing open smoothly and reveal the giant closet with a huge mirror on the back wall. There's a cushioned chest in the center of the room and the walls are covering in shelving. I'll never have enough clothes to fill this space!