Chapter Thirteen: Doves Don't Sing, They Cry

I wake up and wait a few minutes for my eyes to adjust to the light before getting up. Suddenly I'm pulled back down to the bed.

What?

I look down to see a pair of arms snaked around my waist. I turn around and sigh.

"Xander. Let go of me." I beg. He stirs but doesn't let go, he wraps his arms tighter around me. Then he rests his head against my chest. I bring my arms up and try to push him away from me, but he doesn't budge.

"No, I'm not done sleeping yet."

"Well I am!" He pulls me back to him and he rests his head on my chest again.

"No."

"The only reason you don't want me to get up is because it gives you an excuse to have your face buried in my breasts!" I look down at him and his face turns bright red, but he doesn't argue with me. "Ugh! Let go, you pervert!"

"Mmph. No!" For some reason Xander decides that the best decision in this situation is to lay on top of me.

"Xan! Get off! I can't breathe!" He buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"Mm. No I don't think so. This is quite comfortable, actually."

"You are insufferable!"

"Still my bed." He whispers in my ear. I hate that he's right.

"So? Doesn't mean it gives you consent to lay on top of me!"

"Honestly you sleep in here so much you should just move your stuff in here. It's not like I don't have the space." Go ahead and change the subject, I guess.

"If I did that then I wouldn't have a nice view."

"Liar. You have me."

"Oh, come on! Why do you bring that up so much? It's almost like you're begging me to let you show me how far your tattoos really go."

"And what if I am?"

"Then you're a creep and I don't want to be around you, at all. Suck my left foot, Lover Boy, cause you're not gettin' anything else."

"You're a really crappy liar sometimes, you know that? If you really thought I was a creep and if you really didn't like me, you wouldn't be sleeping in my bed every night curled up next to me, now would you?" Now I'm really flustered and I can't do anything about it.

"At least I don't have wet dreams about people I just met." I feel him bite down on my shoulder.

"Aw did that hurt, do you need me to kiss it to make it better?" He mocks.

"So are you a vampire now?" Xander laughs.

"You never answered my question."

"And I'm not going to." He rolls off of me but doesn't let go of me.

"You're still not going anywhere."

"You know who else didn't answer my question?"

"What question?"

"If you were paying enough attention you'd know there were actually two."

"Oh really, how fun." He says sarcastically.

"One, you never did tell me how far your tattoos go, and two, you still haven't told me what your dream was about!"

"Well, since you didn't answer mine, I don't have to answer yours either."

"Xander! You little shit!" I playfully punch his chest.

"That's just how the world works, I don't make the rules, I just enforce them." He smirks.

"Fine, the answer is no. You're not a vampire and I'm not a Popsicle."

"Are you sure about that, I mean, you're definitely not sweet, but you're probably looked at as food from somebody."

"How dare you! I am sweet, just not to you!"

"Really? Who've you been sweet to the entire time you've been here?"

"Minerva and your stupid dog-bird-lion thing." I say, gesturing with my hands.

"Crow."

"Sure. Crow."

"You're still a spoiled brat, though."

"Yeah? Well at least I'm not perverted like you!"

"Well..."

"Fuck you! How am I perverted?" I question.

"You were literally ogling at me while I was getting dressed!" Xander yells.

"You were already dressed by the time I even looked at you! And for the last goddamn time, I was looking at your tattoos!" I cry.

"You're such a liar." He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Am not!"

"You're the one preaching about how I should 'tell the truth' when you're lying right to my face!"

"Fine! I may have glanced at your muscles! But I wasn't ogling! You don't even have the right to say that when you've been burying your head in my chest all morning!"

"See! You finally admit it! I knew it! Plus, it's not my fault there's built-in pillows on your chest, they're there for a reason, and that reason is to be my pillow!"

"They're for children!"

"Well I'm childish!" I stop arguing to laugh. Xander laughs too.

"Well you got one thing right."

"Your boobs are my pillows?"

"No! You're childish."

"Oh, right."

"You still have yet to answer my questions."

"Ugh, you make my life so hard! I'm not showing you how far my tattoos go just so you can have an excuse to look at my body. I'm also not telling you what goes on in my head."

"Hey! That's breaking the rules! Pick one of the questions and answer it!"

"Fine. When I tell you that my tattoos go from my neck down, I am not lying. That's all I'm saying. Also, just so you know, that question is perverted."

"There, was that so hard, and I know it was perverted, now you know how I feel."

"Now I'm sleepy, all because you woke up and chose violence."

"Whatever." I turn away from him but he still doesn't let me go. He's so goddamn stubborn for no reason. I pull the blanket back over myself and sigh. At least I finally got an answer to one of my questions.