Chapter Ten: Lost And Found

I woke up again at around ten. Xander was still fast asleep so I left him there and went to go find a book to read or something along those lines. I found one and laid back down to read in the quiet room. The only noises are the birds chirping and Xander's soft snores, it sounds more like a cat purring though, which is quite funny to think about.

I'm on chapter five of a very boring book, but at least it's something to do. I could always wake Xander up, but I don't really think that would help with anything.

I give up on this book, it's just too dry! I put it down and just stare at the ceiling, it's really all I can do. I feel Xander start to stir and turn to look at him.

One amber and honey colored eye at a time he wakes up and his brain boots up and starts to function.

"Morning sleepyhead." I get a grunt in response. He tries to turn over and go back to sleep. Oh no, I've waited long enough for you to get up. I sigh and literally pull him out of the bed, making sure his head doesn't hit the wall in the process.

"No. Warmth!" He cries, still half asleep.

"You've been sleeping for like, 10 hours."

"And? Let me sleep, woman!"

"No, I'm bored. You need to do something with me."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, this is your house!"

"Like going back to sleep?" He asks optimistically.

"No!"

"Ugh. You're no fun. Fine. You can go explore my house while I finish my nap."

"I can't go by myself! I'll get lost!"

"That's kinda the point." He mumbles under his breath. I sigh and get an idea. I pull him out of the bed and drag him into the main room before entering the bathroom. I drop him and turn on the shower.

"Either you get up right now or I'm gonna put you under freezing water, fully clothed." He groans but refuses to move. "Your funeral."

He yelps as the icy water hits his skin, trying to pull himself out. I shut the door and sit in front of it.

"Please, please it's so cold! I'll never ignore you again, just, please let me out!" I'll admit, it did hurt a little to see him in so much pain, just a little longer and he'll really mean it.

"If you want to get out you're gonna have to sing." He whines and slumps against the shower wall.

He speaks, on the verge of tears, "Please, I-I can't. Please just let me out. I'll do anything, I'll tell you all my secrets, just don't make me sing."

"Why are you so scared to sing? It's not that bad!"

"Because my dad used to hit me for even talking! If I sang he'd lock me in the closet for days on end! Just let. Me. Out!" He says pounding on the glass. His breathing hitches and he rests his head on the door.

Why didn't he ever say anything to me?

I turned around and opened it, turning the water off and pulling him out. He shivers and collapses into me.

"I-I'm sorry, I had no idea. Why didn't you just tell me that earlier?"

"I haven't told anyone but Ives. They're the whole reason I got out of that situation. I owe them my life. It's not your fault, you couldn't have known. He also used to dunk me in cold water over and over again until I passed out. I would always wake up on the bathroom floor scared and confused. Please don't hurt me again." I pull him to my chest and rock him back and forth as he sobs.