Chapter 30- The Border

There it was, the border between the human nation and the fairies. A long wall eradicated across the land separating these two lands. It stood about ten to fifteen feet tall with only one gate at the center road allowing passerby's entrance. The border was filled with many of the fay's guards; many constantly on vigilance at the top, others carefully running rounds at the foot of the walls, and few squadrons flying around the vicinity keeping tabs of anything suspicious.

For that reason, Ausra now found herself standing below a low cover slope covered in darkness. Thankfully this area was abundant with many hiding spots, so even with a tight security around the area there was only so much fay could do. It wasn't going to be safe forever but she did not plan to stay here for too long.

She impatiently tapped her foot against the ground her eyes shifting back and forth between the sky and the road leading towards the gate. She was quite a distance away from the borderline itself but it was still visible from here.

"Come on come on, where are you?"

A small chuckle echoed from behind quickly drawing her attention.

"Finally!"

A tall man emerged from within the ground, it morphed and twisted as though it was a liquid. He theatrically swung his arms in a deep bow and raised his head towards Ausra. "My sincere apologies, did I keep you waiting?"

Ausra annoyingly glanced at the man in the mask and raised her hand over. "Did you get it?"

Y raised himself once more and sighed. "No fun, of course I have it, I would not be here otherwise."

He lifted his arm revealing a small urn. There was nothing particularly fascinating or interesting about this urn, yet he treated it with much care as he walked forward and placed it a few feet in between Ausra and himself.

"Perfect." she mumbled. "I can't believe we have this."

"Yes, well it wasn't easy gathering it all up."

The urn contained the remains of a dragon that had been slayed years back prior when they had set their eyes upon the human nation and more specifically the capital city of Alzel. There was only dust left that he had spent a vigorous amount of time collecting back then. At the time, it seemed almost ludicrous to do so as there was not much someone could do with dust from such a creature. However, jumping to the present, it might have been worth it after all.

"Shouldn't we do this closer." Y asked curiously.

"Don't ask something stupid, you know we can't." Ausra responded.

He sighed and looked off towards the border. "Yes, they would notice if we did."

"Once it's done, we have to move fast, I wished we had more support for this assault."

"Unfortunately, numbers are thin, especially because of the circumstances, our lord is expecting results from this."

Ausra groaned as she pulled a number of viles from her own belt. She uncorked the bottles and emptied the contents next to the urn. She wasn't too sure how this would end but it was a last desperate attack.

A strong surge of pain stunned her forcing the bottles on her hand to fall to the ground and roll aimlessly. The shock of this unbearable stabbing sensation nearly forced her to lose her footing as she reached towards her chest and desperately clutched in an attempt to soothe it.

"Ngh!" that was all she could murmur before bending over submissively before the overwhelming throbbing.

Quickly as it had come it lasted for only a few seconds before the aching deep inside her body subsided and soon there was nothing. Despite that she fell into a deep sweat with her breathing unevenly attempting to control itself.