Chapter 26- Damning Soul

The vampire did not make the first move, instead choosing to stare me down, waiting patiently for my first move. Her unmoving form standing in the midst of the dark was similar to a predator glancing at its prey every move, waiting for the slip up, the opening that would allow it to strike. This at least made him think that she thought of him as a threat, to some degree, or at least someone that she could not just simply attack.

"If that's the way then..." in one fell swoop he swung his sword again repeating the same attack as before.

The blade of wind was quick, also ineffective against the vampire, still it was a good wall of defense.

His feet in conjunction with his released attack, closely following behind the wind blade his eyes locked closely on the vampire.

She seemed unfazed, her arm barely twitching as the barrage of wind crashed onto her body and dissipated like the wind hitting the side of a mountain.

"S-shit!" he expected that she would have to expend more energy to block or deflect the attack, he did not think she would take the attack head on.

Through the failed attack he saw as her hand extended forward, reaching closer towards him as his mind was too slow to stop himself from running at it.

The gleam in her eye said she had won much to his distaste.

"Not yet!" instinctively he swung his sword, clashing his blade with her mere hand and to his surprise again, the sword collided with what felt like a wall made of steel.

'She's bulky, but-'

He freed his left hand from the grip of his sword and with one fell swoop reached out wrapping it around the undead's arm. It was cold, smooth like silk yet when he tried adding pressure, he could tell that her arm was hard, unlike any weapon he had ever held. It did not matter though.

"[Holy]!"

A blinding white light quickly consumed the girl and he felt a strong force push him back as his hand lost grip and was pushed back. Of course, the worst element against an undead like a vampire would be something like the Holy or Fire element, even if she could shrug off something like wind attacks this would be different. There was a small window of opening before she recovered from that.

There was no doubt that this was probably not enough though, so he took the free time to quickly reach into one of his pouches and pull a small bottle which he smashed against the blade of his weapon. His sword dripped now with a watery substance that gave a shine to the metal.

With this his weapon attacks would now be endowed with magical attribute. Primarily that of the Holy element. He smirked knowing he had prepared efficiently against this sort of thing. What a better enemy to face. His smile disappeared as he shook off the thoughts.

'Focus.'

His eyes quickly looked back in the direction of where she had been standing.

She was close, so close that it took him a bit to realize the cold, hard feeling pushing against his face was the same that he had held just a few seconds ago.

His body became light as it was lifted of the ground but just as fast, his back came crashing back down onto the ground to much of his pain.

'T-that's some physical strength there!'

Even as he was caught off guard he recovered almost instantly, his hand once more shot up towards her hand that was now nicely positioned over his face and he yelled out to the best of his ability. "[Holy]!"