Chapter 4-The Rat Guards

Sayu leaned over the cold wall, with the usual skewered up rat in one hand, and the blank expression of someone who stopped caring a long time ago. She closed in the rat and quickly took a bite, like a cave man with no shred of intelligence and began chewing on its typical unsatisfying meat.

How long had she been sustaining herself with the dead body of rats? Days, weeks? There was not an exact way she could tell time.

A few things had been confirmed at least while her stay here was being extended. This was indeed a Dungeon filled with nothing but rats.

"Great..." she thought.

This Dungeon was far bigger than she had hoped and imagined, but luckily, she had mentally mapped a few of the paths now so she could tell if that were a previously visited area and could avoid going around in circles. There were more than just a few undiscovered routes to take, but she was trying to make a close net around the area and not stray further otherwise there was a chance of getting lost and would have to start this process all over again. Two, was that obtain skills and passives was completely possible if you just hit your head against the wall hard enough.

After consuming enough Giant Rats, she gained the [Poison Resistance] and being under constant frigid conditions for hours on end granted the [Cold Resistance] passive, along with a few new skills [Bash], [Dash], and [Dodge]. It felt stupid at first that these would count as skills, but when she realized that they were empowered versions of things she would normally do with the addition of spending mana, she was all behind the idea. Stronger hits, faster dodges, and mobility, who could say no to that?

It was not all good news though, she opened her titles and grunted.

『Rat Eater』

Cruel fate that must have put you in such a predicament or do you enjoy the taste? What is it about eating rats that really gets you going? Whatever the case, it earned you a flashy new title you can excitedly show to all those around you! Gain passive [Poison Resistance] and HP +5

The title felt more like an insult than a reward, but in gaining it she got a good few stats in. The only real loss here was the [Poison Resistance] which she had claimed already. She was not sure if it was all for naught though, but she felt that her passive was closer to leveling up after that, so she might not have earned the passive this way, but it was possible it had handed a good chunk of experience into it. She also did not have to choose that title to be displayed, as only one could be picked at a time, although the effect would still be in play.

That was another thing, Stats and Displays. It was not hard to imagine that these rats were weaker than her, but that was only due to knowledge she had before the complete system reset. If she came across an unknown enemy, there would not be a way to measure its strength. A skill that could read opponents stats and values was not in her skillset, so she was walking into enemies with the measly information she had. There was not much of a problem with that now, but it could present a challenge in the future.

With one last bite, three the remains onto the ground and kept put away the skewer she had made. It was a keeper at this point. Her bat dangled from the side of her waist, having found something sturdy to tie around herself to keep her weapon on her person without having to hold onto it all the time and a few furs pellets tied around her thighs as well.

"If I start speaking in a short dumb down speech pattern, I wonder if I could unlock some form of primitive class, after all I'm starting to look like one now."

This initial fun was starting to turn into something of a dreary trip. She was constantly eating rats, which to her fear, she was now used to eating like it was a normal everyday food. Had taken no showers, she was sure that there was a foul odor keeping some degree of rats away and was forced into the awful situation of releasing body fluids and waste every predetermine amount of time. Not to mention the having to sleep on a regular basis. These were all happy things she could avoid was she not human now.