Chapter 16- Talking

It was torture sitting here waiting.

She, along with Hiromichi, Thief, and Himari sat across from Kami while they had silently waited for his reaction.

Her mouth became dry and for a second, she forgot there was a glass filled to the brim with alcohol neatly tucked between her hands. She glanced around the bar; it was empty except for a few others and was run down, nothing like their usual place back in the capital. The bartender looked mostly busy wiping down a single glass for the last five minutes with a listless look in his eyes that did not move from the surface of the counter. The other few patrons mostly had their head tucked in between their arms or looked on with a dull expression as they took their own drink in their hand and barely managed to take a sip.

After the small squabble they had with Kami and after somewhat getting the confusion in order, Kami had led them to a small town just a few minutes off from where he was bathing so they could converse.

When they had step foot into the town, she could have sworn the town had been raided by bandits or possibly even attacked by an unknown monster. Little did she know at the time was that this was just how this place usually looked, a bare ghost town with the few remaining inhabitants drifting around with a blank look in their face or just simply sitting idly by in their homes with no reactions. Even so Kami had lead them into the bar, where they had sat down and began a friendly conversation.

At first there was a confusion between him and themselves as they began talking. As it turns out, Kami had no memory of who they were or of who he even truly himself was.

"I woke up three years ago in the middle of a desert with no memory of who I was." he had said without much of a sliver of worry in his voice. "I've been there for most of my time but recently started moving west."

She didn't know what to make of it; this was not her field of expertise. There had been times in history Kami had split himself in one form or another, and occasionally that vulnerability resulted in him dying. It was never fully himself though, more so the part that split off. Given enough time, the part would return to life anyhow and he would once more return to his full self. These were usually moments in time where he would step in and interact more so with Creation but this is something that hadn't been done in ages.

This was different though, for starters, it wasn't just a part of himself that had been killed, it was all of him, being completely eradicated by another version of himself. She thought for sure that was the line to draw when it came to his immortality, after all, if anyone could kill God, it was God himself. Still, here he was, alive and well, drink in one hand and the same usual smile hanging from his lips. Was there truly a way to kill God then?

She shook her head from that thought, as it wasn't important at the moment. The lack of memories was, suspicious at best. Could she trust that his memory was actually gone, or was this just some elaborate scheme Kami had come up with back then. If so, how much and how long did he intend to play this out for?

Still, the most surprising thing was still to come.

"No thanks I'm good." he responded as he twirled the glass between his fingertips. "That sounds boring."

She could feel her heart beating faster. What did he mean no thanks?

Knowing that he had lost his memory or in her case, playing along, they explained everything, from who they were to who he was, she personally took to explain the whole 'God of Everything' to him. To the fact that Creation outside this universe was slowly crumbling and falling in the hands of-

She winced, not being able to exactly remember what was happening out there. She glanced up and Kami and spoke out. "You can't say no!"

He chuckled in reply and raised his glass. "I think I just did."