58 - 오심팔 장

Start from the beginning

"You feel guilty?" Namjoon cut in and she nodded.

Their body positions were still the same as before, with no progress or movement but just them standing in the doorway in front of each other.

"So," Namjoon took a small step closer, "if I was not injured then you wouldn't care?"

She swallowed. His proximity was forcing her to look at him and not anywhere else so she could hide her vulnerable eyes and pretend not to have red, warm cheeks.

"N-no." Her voice was hoarse, unclear.

Namjoon stepped closer. "None at all?"

She cleared her throat and spoke more firmly.

"No. And if you don't want my help, I'll just leave."

The atmosphere was too awkward so Sowon turned around and decided to just leave, maybe hide her embarrassed face into her pillow once she runs into her room.

But as whirled around, Sowon froze. She could not take another step or move a muscle because something heavy was resting on her back. She would have made a joke about it, comparing it to the many responsibilities resting on her shoulders but she could not.

It was nothing the same.

Before her brain could process anything further, a large and warm pair of hands snaked from her waist, wrapping and settling on her stomach like a protected lock. Something firm and chiselled pressed further into her back and she already knew what that was.

Holy chocolates. That was the first thing Sowon swore when her brain started working. Praying it was only her mind playing tricks, she glanced down but her eyes widened when she saw two familiar veiny hands on her body.

"N-Namjoon?" She nervously called out.

Next, something lolled over her neck, warm breath tingling her exposed collarbone and she almost swore, forgetting how to breathe for a moment.

Was this true? Was the Kim Namjoon hugging her at the moment, in an intimate manner?

"Liar," he muttered. Sowon decided it was best if she did not move while Namjoon snuggled to hug her even tighter. "I know you care for me, please stop lying."

Another wave of his warm breath tickled her exposed skin and that's it. Sowon officially lost control of her body. She melted into the hug which made her feel safe and protected. Just once, she promised to savour the moment before she would force herself to forget everything.

Why do I always feel so safe in his arms?

"Sowon," Namjoon's voice dripped down to a gentle whisper.

"Y-yeah?" she stuttered because honestly, the warm embrace was so comforting that she forgot how to think.

"Do you. . ." his voice trailed and she could hear her own heartbeat in rapid motion, still unsure what he was doing to her mind or body. "Do you. . .hate me? Does this hug or touch mean nothing to you?"

When she was about to question what touch Namjoon referred to, something soft as a feather and warm rested on her neck. The action was only for a brief moment, very ghostly but Sowon swore she felt the touch.

Because Namjoon had just kissed her neck.

"Does my presence make you angry," he spoke and the warm arms around her body disappeared. Sowon suddenly missed the warm hug, almost whining. "In this small space?"

She slowly turned around to see Namjoon's face inches apart from her's. The air was becoming hotter every passing second and she wondered if he could hear her rapid beating heart if Namjoon could see her flushed face or her dilated eyes.

He raised one hand, slowly reaching out to caress Sowon's cheek in such a delicate manner that she could close her eyes and lean into his touch.

"I-"

"Sowon have you seen my scarf?"

The new voice startled the couple who were sharing an intimate moment. Sowon's eyes widened and before her mind could register it, she was already pulling away from Namjoon in haste. But of course, her clumsy self never is careful.

Sowon pulled herself from Namjoon's body so quickly and with much force that she fell on the floor on her butt, even before a surprised Namjoon could react and save her.

"Sowon I-"

Footsteps followed closer before the person speaking stopped, probably surprised at seeing the awkward situation.

"What are you doing on the floor honey?"

Mrs Han grabbed her daughter's arm and pulled her up, brushing away the dirt off her dress. "Are you crazy or what?"

"I must be." Sowon agreed, still in a daze.

Her mother gave her a stupid look but Sowon was past caring about it. She was starting to feel the regret brew inside her mind, not sure what to do next.

Mrs Han awkwardly laughed.

"Please excuse her, Sowon is always clumsy. I hope she did not hurt you, dear."

Namjoon recovered from his daze and gave a tight nod, "y-yeah. It's okay I guess?"

Mrs Han spoke something else to the male which Sowon could not focus on. No. She was more focused on the embarrassment building inside her. What was she just doing with Namjoon?

"Come on Sowon, you need to check if you got hurt."

Numbly she obeyed and followed her mother into her room, all the while, avoiding any eye contact with Namjoon. When they entered her room, Sowon knew she had to sit and process everything.

She sat on her bed, almost screaming when a sudden surge of pain passed in her soft flesh. Mrs Han passed another suspicious look at her daughter, eyebrows rising higher.

"Are you okay Sowon? I am starting to worry for you now."

"I am."

She totally was not. Her mind was still a mess. And all the fault was for the male whom she wanted to help previously but now, Sowon wished she could pull out her hair whenever the scenario floated in her mind.

What was Namjoon doing to her?