5

Warnings:
-Eating disorder behaviour (starving)
-Numbers (weight/weight loss)
-Mentions (child) abuse
-Overexercising

Clay's POV

~ A Few Weeks Later ~

I stood on the scale with a bright smile. I didn't eat anything in three weeks and I exercised for at least two hours a day. I was extremely weak and I often passed out, but I didn't even care anymore when I saw that I lost 35 pounds. I had been losing weight slower this last week, but the first weeks went incredibly fast which made me extremely happy.

I looked at the 105 pounds on the scale and smiled happily, putting it away again. I dressed myself up and walked downstairs as I saw my parents stand in front of the door. They looked at me and I rolled my eyes. 'What do you want?'

'Clay, we've said this multiple times now, but I want you to eat something NOW!' my dad yelled at me. 'You're not leaving this table until you eat this sandwich, okay? You're dangerously thin and I'm calling the hospital if you don't eat this.'

'No, that's too bad for you. I'm not eating anything.' I sat on a chair, moving my legs heavily as I pushed the plate away and drank water from the bottle next to my plate.

'YOU'RE EATING THIS NOW!' my dad screamed as he hit the table. 'RIGHT NOW, I'M GOING TO SIT HERE ALL DAY UNTIL YOU EAT THAT.'

'Then we are going to sit here all day,' I sighed. 'I'm going to walk while you wait for me to eat this thing that I'm not going to eat.'

I started walking through the room while moving my arms too as my dad grabbed my arm and pushed me back down.

'I'm literally tying you to this chair if you don't stop moving,' he shouted hopelessly.

'Alright,' I scoffed as I stood back up. 'I don't care.'

I started moving again which caused my dad to start shaking from anger. 'CLAY, DON'T YOU REALISE YOU'RE DYING?'

'Pfft, yeah sure,' I grinned. 'I'm just losing weight, idiot.'

I began to run and ran through the room as he did anything to stop me. I couldn't stop moving and jumped up and down as I ran around after that again. I needed to burn calories and I had to move two hours at least, rather four hours or more.

'Clay, SIT DOWN,' my dad screamed again. 'NOW.'

His voice cracked and I rolled my eyes as I walked to the table, sitting down for a second. I stood back up as he pushed me down on the chair. 'Clay, please eat the sandwich.'

'You know I'm not going to,' I answered. 'Also, you can call the school that I'm sick because I don't feel like getting detention because you don't let me go.'

'I want you to eat the sandwich.'

'I won't,' I replied as I walked around the table.

'What's your weight?'

'Too much,' I scoffed. 'That's why I'm losing weight, I don't think you completely understand it.'

'What is your weight?' he asked again, this time more demanding.

'105 pounds,' I sighed with an eye roll.

My dad was quiet and seemed shocked as I kept walking around. 'Alright, that's it. I'm calling the hospital if you don't sit down right away.'

I stood still for a second and then realised I needed to sit down because in the hospital they would start feeding me. I sat down on the chair as I moved my legs heavily and looked at my dad who had tears in his eyes.

'Clay, you need to go to the hospital or you need to start eating again. You're dying and I'm going to call the hospital if you don't eat.'

'Dad, stop trying. I'm not going to eat and you better don't call the hospital, because I will just grab those stupid alcohol bottles of yours and throw one to your head this time.'

'You know I don't remember ever doing that.'

'Because you're always wasted. Actually, I can call the hospital or a rehab centre for you. You call the hospital and I'll do the same. Good luck quitting alcohol.'

'You're just threatening me now.'

'I should have threatened you way more after you almost killed me, but anyway. I'm sick of this, I'm not eating that stupid sandwich of yours so that's too bad. Call the hospital and I'll do the same. Oh actually, I'm calling the police too for attempted murder. Good luck in jail without alcohol.'

I stood up and grabbed the sandwich, throwing it into the bin. I grabbed my school bag and walked to the door, slamming it behind me.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I noticed how weak and tired I was actually feeling. I slowly put one foot in front of the other while I walked to school, but my vision got more blurry and darker. The world started spinning around me and I felt my chest getting tight.

I noticed I was next to a road and quickly moved more to the path next to the road so I wouldn't fall down in front of a car. I was breathing very quickly and rested my hands on my knees as sweat rolled down my face. I looked around me to see if someone was near me to help and I saw a car pass by.

I lifted my hand up, signing that I needed help. The car stopped driving and they parked it on the side of the road as they stepped out. I couldn't stop panting anymore and the man ran up to me.

'What's wrong?' he asked as he grabbed my arm. He immediately let go again and stared at my body. 'My goodness, you're thin.'

I rolled my eyes. 'No, I'm not. I'm going to pass out.'

'Did you eat this morning?' he questioned.

I shook my head as he grabbed his bag. 'Here, you need some sugar.'

'I don't want sugar, that's so disgustingly unhealthy.'

'When is the last time you ate?' the man asked.

'I don't know, stop asking questions. I'm not feeling okay,' I sighed.

The man nodded slowly, but even though he was trying to help me, I eventually fell down onto the ground while shaking very badly. I didn't even realise it, but I passed out and stayed unconscious for a short while.

1058 words