Prologe

(Y/N)= your name

"Talking"

'Thinking'

*Sound*

________________________________________________________________________________

Walking down Kitsilano beach a young boy with short rusted brown hair and bright brown eyes could be seen. He was staring out into the bay before looking to the opening that reached the ocean. A sigh escapes his lips before walking back into the ever busy city of Vancouver.

The boy was wearing a red hoodie with the NHL trade mark on, he also had sweat pants and running shoes. The kid was walking down one of the many streets, cars were either driving by or honking at one another, people either looking at their phones, walking pets, or hanging out with friends or family.

The boy kept on walking, 'just another day in the city.' he thought. Pulling out his phone, the boy begins to check for any messages he got. After a moment of scrolling he switches apps and gets on iTunes. The boy once more puts on a pair of head sets and begins to listen to some music. 

Now listening to the music, the boy began to slowly cancel out the sounds and just focused on the music while he was moving through town. Soon various shots of the same boy from the beach is seen as he is either walking or taking the subway to different points of the city. He stop by a few stores before spotting one that seemed to stick out from the rest.

Looking at the name of the store it read, The Essential Tools for Adventure. 'Weird name' shrugging his shoulders the teen soon walks into the store. The chime of a bell being rung is heard as the boy opens the door. He enters to see... 'Ok, this is pretty cool.' 

looking around the boy saw different types of objects ranging from swords, shields, crystal balls, gems, and many more. Their was even a weird looking sword that had the words Excalibur: Sword of promise victory, 'uh, I wonder how much that costed?' Looking around the boy kept on browsing the story, nothing really catching his eye.

The teen so far had seen the following: A creepy doll with a knife, a futuristic gun that looked to be something from Halo, a toy tank, a model jet from a certain orange fly game, A toy mech that looked like a dinosaur, A battleship that looked to be from space, a diesel punk style mech with a long rifle for an arm, another spaceship but with way too many guns, toy soldiers that all had similar white and blue amor, and a blue metal gem that has a strange symbol on it.

"... Ok theres some pretty cool stuff here." The boy was currently still looking at the blue metal gem, for some reason he just couldn't take his eyes off it. Feeling tempted the boy rises one of his hands and takes hold of the gem. He brings it closer to his face as he begins to inspect it in more detail.

It looked to be made of metal, but their was a strange texture to it that gave it an unearthly vibe. On closer inspection he found that the symbol wasn't painted on but is glowing a faint blue light. "Find something interesting?" an old voice called out. 

The boy turns his head to where the voice came from to see an old man in his sixties. He had an age old smile while sitting behind the desk near the back of the store.

The boy was shocked, he was sure that no one else was here when he entered before taking a look around, so how did this old man get by? Shaking his head, the teen answers the man's question.