018. suprise

saturday, november 3rd
[15:02]
📍PAWS

november 3rd, baji keisuke's birthday. if you do say so yourself, the set up and decorations you had thought of was quite fitting considering you all work in a pet shop.

different coloured balloons with animals prints were scattered everywhere (no, they weren't dropped this time—they were deliberately positioned throughout the shop so that no one would accidentally trip over them). the set up was kind of childish, but you knew baji would enjoy it either way.

kazutora and jiyuu were at the back, fetching the cake they made yesterday before baji arrives from his afternoon classes.

there were platters of whipped cream on the counter. kazutora suggested throwing it at baji all at once when he arrives. you were all for it.

you knew cleaning up would be tedious, but it'll be worth it. all of the animals were in their designated sections (you double-checked the locks to make sure they weren't broken), so they won't be able to eat any splattered whipped cream or cause any ruckus (besides from barking and meowing of course).

kazutora popped out of the storage room with the beautiful cake. you thought that he and jiyuu both did an amazing job decorating it. suprisingly, none of them seemed to have fought whilst decorating.

the cake was simple—but it was perfect. baji would love it.

unbeknowest to you, chifuyu had crept up from behind and decided to give you a scare. whipping around, you immediately wacked the culprit. despite the fact that it was chifuyu, you didn't apologize.

not to be dramatic, but he almost gave you a literal heart attack.

the boy laughed at your expression. he opened his arms, gesturing for a hug. you shot him a glare, shoving him away.

"i'm sorry! you just looked so focused and serious—couldn't pass up the opportunity." he chuckled, pulling you in for a hug (ignoring your refusal).

chifuyu wanted to 'hug it out' or whatever he always says to get baji riled up. chifuyu definitely wasn't using that as an excuse to hug you.

"you dumbass!" you hissed, backing away to throw light punches at him. chifuyu just laughed, dodging your fists. he found it amusing how worked up you get over small things.

"i said that i was sorry!" he yelps, stepping to the right. chifuyu almost knocked over the platters of whipped cream, and he's so glad that he didn't.

"knock that over and you're dead meat, matsuno." you grumbled, pinching his cheeks.

chifuyu snickered, pushing you away. the two of you fell into playful banter, which undoubtly started to annoy everyone else considering you  were both supposed to be decorating.

kazutora leaned against the counter, watching you two. erika appeared next to him, handing him the candles.

a small smile itched at the corners of kazutora's lips, which was quite ironic since he wasn't feeling happy in the slightest.

erika rose a brow at kazutora, who's smile turned into a rather annoyed expression, "kazutora-san, you have a quite expressive face, y'know?"