017. glasses are cute

thursday, november 1st
[07:22]
📍PAWS

a disappointed sigh escaped from your mouth. you didn't exactly want to wake up at the crack of dawn today considering last nights events. you clicked your tongue in a annoyance as you pulled your keys out to unlock the shop.

you've always hated this lock. you needed to replace it sooner or later because it was an absolute pain to do this every morning.

fortunately, you were already acclimated to it, so you aren't that bothered by it as you were before.

you yawned, slowly walking into the dim shop before turning on the nearest light.

today wasn't anything special. you had an evening class today so you were working along side baji, jiyuu and chifuyu for the time being.

you decided to entertain yourself and pulled out a bunch of paperwork from your bag.

you sat down at the counter, blowing your hair out of your face and began to skim through the pages one by one, which was quite boring to say the least.

as time went on, you managed to get through half of it before your attention was snatched away towards the door, where strange noises were heard.

your brows furrowed before the door violently opened, causing you to jump back in your seat.

"we're here!" baji announced loudly, stepping into the shop with jiyuu by his side, who looked quite exhausted.

your eyes travelled from the duo to the clock that hung on the wall, realizing it was nearly opening hour you packed your papers away and turned on the rest of the lights.

jiyuu yawned, slumping against where you stood. "i'm so tired, why'd you make us get up at regular time." she whined.

you chuckled, patting her head, "sorry 'bout that yu-yu." you looked around the shop, realizing chifuyu wasn't there, "kei, have you seem chifuyu?"

baji shrugged unhelpfully.

you deadpanned before turning away from the boy. you've had enough of him (that's a joke you love baji, but sometimes he's a bit much).

you spent the next 20 minutes checking the clock constantly. matsuno chifuyu was late. he was supposed to be here before 8 o'clock.

suddenly, the chime indicating someone has step foot into the shop went off, ringing like a bell. turning your head, you were faced to face with a very out of breath chifuyu.

crossing your arms, you walked over to him. you looked him up and down, about to give him an earful before you realized something new about him.

"i'm sorry, y/n! my alarm was like—" he stumbled for words, pushing his glasses up his nose, "bad. it like...didn't work! yeah, that's the word. then, i—uhm also didn't have much time to get ready..." he trailed off, looking anywhere but your face.

instead of waving him off and telling him it was alright like chifuyu expected you to, you simply said; "your glasses look cute."

baji's jaw dropped at the sudden words that fell out of your mouth.

you were quite suprised yourself, but showed no differ in expression (internally, you were slightly panicking).