08. dinner at baji's

tuesday, october 16th
[20:53]
📍 the streets of tokyo

unfortunately for erika, baji was pretty good at persuading people.

she gave in after his thirty seventh reason. or was it thirty eight? you've lost count at this point. it was as if baji had prepared for a moment exactly like this. kazutora was about to be dragged into baji's shenanigans but erika agreed to go before he even got the chance.

kazutora was probably grateful for that.

so here you are, walking towards baji's apartment with a bunch of your employees.

"baji-san, are you sure we can all go? there's a lot of us." chifuyu points out as he pushed the button on the crosswalk.

the walking sign appeared and the six of you began to walk, following baji who was leading the group towards his home.

baji nodded, "mhm! i texted my ma once i got all of you to agree," he says side-eying erika which made you chuckle, "she already made some dinner for all of us."

you loved baji's mom. she's really sweet, almost like a second mother to you since your parents were often busy with running the other pet shop back in shibuya.

your parents visited tokyo a lot since PAWS was technically still their shop, you were just there to fill in as they branch out to other parts of japan.

chifuyu and baji were happily chatting away—or arguing, you couldn't really tell. their communication is always shouting for some reason. it's very rare for them to be talking in a quieter tone.

you chatted away with erika and kazutora, jiyuu joining into your conversations from time to time as you all made your way to baji's apartment.

────────────────
tuesday, october 16th
[21:02]
📍baji's apartment

it smelt amazing. you've always loved baji-san's cooking. just from the smell alone, you could tell that she made some dumplings, and maybe some miso soup.

"it smells really good!" chifuyu complimented as he takes off his shoes.

you agreed with a nod, placing your shoes near the door.

the stove was turned off, and you could hear quick footsteps approaching the front door, which you were all slowly entering. baji's mother appeared around the corner, smiling and waving to the group.

"y/n! finally coming over more often?" she says while ruffling your hair.

you laugh while giving her a side hug, "mhm! sorry for the trouble—it was all kei's idea."

keisuke glared at you, "okay but you agreed!"

the two of you bickered childishly as you entered his home. baji's mom shook her head at you two, a small smile on her face.

baji's mom spotted chifuyu and erika and greeted them, "hey, chifuyu! i had no idea that you knew y/n and jiyuu," she hums while motioning to you two, who were currently sitting on the couch bickering with keisuke.

chifuyu let out a soft chuckle, "we're not close. i just work in their shop. i'd like to become their friends, though."

it was true. he did want to befriend you two. the only problem is—he's kind of dumb. chifuyu never had a large friend group, or made a friend on his own for that matter. keisuke just took a liking to the boy and decided to hang out with him.