04. late night groceries

sunday, october 14th
[23:25]
📍local supermarket

the night sky was glowing with the bright blanket of stars as midnight slowly approached. you pushed the shopping cart into the supermarket, pinkies linked with jiyuu—a little thing you do unconsciously with the group. it's a little late for grocery shopping; the four of you hadn't planned on going at this hour, it sorta just happened.

kazutora sighs, causing you to turn your head back to check if he and baji were okay, "baji, i can see the way you're staring at the cart. just get in."

you scrunched your nose, letting go of jiyuu's pinky in the process. "eh? no way! i don't want to push his heavy ass around!"

baji ignored your complaints and hopped into the shopping cart with a shit-eating grin.

you glared at him and kazutora then swiftly walked away, leaving the shopping cart behind.

"wha—hey! y/n come back!" baji groaned, shaking the cart.

"you're a man-child," jiyuu snorts as she grabs the shopping cart, kazutora exiting her peripheral vision as he catches up to you.

baji rolled his eyes, "am not!"

jiyuu laughs, "whatever you say...man-child."

"shut up!" baji hissed as jiyuu pushed the cart faster, catching up to you and kazutora.

"what are we even here for?" baji asks.

you shrugged, "i needed new lotion, i ran out a while ago and had to use jiyuu's for the time being."

jiyuu gaped at you, realizing why her lotion was running out faster than it usually should. "you were using my lotion?"

you hummed in response, placing your lotion and some other things you picked up into the shopping cart.

jiyuu mocked you under her breath, clearly annoyed about her lotion. despite her calm demeanor, she was just as snarky and chaotic as baji.

ignoring her annoyance, you continued to walk alongside kazutora.

"do we need anything else?" you asked, looking back at baji and jiyuu.

they both shrugged—which didn't help whatsoever, so you decided to just look around the shop.

baji grabbed some chips off of the aisles as jiyuu pushed the cart, knocking over some products in the process.

you mentally face palmed as you went over to pick up the items and returned them to their rightful shelves.

"should we get some decorations and decorate the shop as a 'congratulations!' or 'welcome!' for the new recruits?" jiyuu suggests, eyes lighting up.

you thought it was a great idea and enthusiastically nodded, clearly expressing your thoughts on the matter.

"we should! we can decorate tomorrow morning or during my lunch break! c'mon, let's go!"

kazutora chuckled, "you heard her, let's get going."

jiyuu and baji watched as their co-manager skipped off childishly, kazutora following slowly behind to make sure you don't get lost or bump into anyone.