--------

"He might be awake soon." An Alpha wolf in a white coat informed the pack leaders.

Ivan and Karter came to visit Killian in the hospital. They forcefully sent Alex to rest since he spent the night in the waiting room. Currently, they were watching the wolf through the glass window. Killian was obviously in his wolf form which was beneficial anyway since they heal faster. Some of the wires were taken off went Killian passed some tests the doctors performed. The pair was positive when they saw how happy the doctor looked when they arrived.

"That's a relief." Karter smiled at him and leaned towards his mate. Ivan kissed the top of his head as the reassurance spread in his heart as well. No words can describe how much he was looking forward to seeing Killian, fighting with him, laughing along his side, and just.... living.

"Would you like to stay with him?" Ivan asked as he prepared to leave. Today was a crucial day since yesterday the Elders and his parents advised him to hold the press conference tomorrow. This attack has been the last straw. The pack doesn't want the higher-ups to get that much involved in the business. They were planning to solve whatever the problem was by themselves.

"Sure." Karter answered and went on his tiptoes to kiss him.

"Don't forget to go to your appointment." Ivan reminded him and watched his mate nod with a small smile on his face.

"I'll join you at 5. I want to attend the meeting." The meeting the Omega was talking about was quite important since Ivan will be uncovering the final speech.

"See you then." Ivan placed a last kiss on Karter's plump lips and nodded to the doctor as he left.

"Feel free to wait here, Luna." The Alpha doctor gesture to the chair and let Karter alone in the hallway.

The pack Luna sat on the chair that provided a decent view of Killian. He settled himself and kept his eyes on the unconscious wolf. He was required to go to an appointment with Dorothy in an hour. She asked to do a general checkup and ran a few tests to see if anything changed. They decided that they wouldn't tell many people about Obelius' situation. Ivan suggested that their parents and selected Elders will be the only ones to know that Karter can talk to the godly wolf. It was to ensure Karter's and the pack's safety. They can't afford any more attacks.

Karter greeted Obelius in the morning but the connection immediately got disconnected due to a headache. He remembered Obelius' words when he said his brain was weak and couldn't last such a strong presence yet. So he stayed conversing with Percy as a pastime.

Karter's eyes snapped when the nurse beside Killian looked panic-stricken and a few seconds later, a doctor entered the room. The Omega stood up from the seat and walked closer to the glass. He saw that the nurse and the doctor were plastered by a monitor and were closely observing the flimsy lines.

When the doctor exited the room, Karter immediately approached him and asked him what had gone wrong.

"Nothing's wrong per se. We detected that someone was trying to mind link him, quite forcefully to say the least." The doctor sighed. "You know we advise against it since it can cause some minor problems but looks like some pack member is having a hard time following those directions. It isn't creating any complication but it might cause Killian some mental distress when he wakes." The doctor explained. "I will give an announcement to the pack regarding this."

"It's not someone in the pack, doctor. Killian has been traveling around the world so he created connections to some other different packs. It's likely that someone outside the pack is trying to contact." Karter clarified. He was taught this in school and solely remembered since he found this concept very interesting.