TWENTY

Author's note:
Sorry for putting this at the beginning of the update, but I feel like it would ruin the end of the chapter.

I decided to another update today because it felt odd to just leave it at the previous chapter. Thank you for the votes and comments! It means so much.
Enjoy this second update for today ^^

.

* * *

.

"I'll be here until you fall asleep," Sehun's voice filled my ears in a quiet manner. But something told me that I wasn't going to be sleeping much tonight.

"Se-Sehun?" I whisper, but still managed to stutter it out.

"Why?" He asks, shifting up so that he could look down at me. He was holding me tightly, but his grip only grew tighter.

"I feel awful," I whisper again with tears brimming my eyes.

"Oh, Ari~" He coos, placing a hand on my forehead. His face scrunches after feeling my face. "You don't feel warm."

"No, I don't mean that I feel sick. It's just that..." I trail off. My voice feels like it's going to crack any moment.

I shouldn't have let Sehun kiss me like that. Sure, we didn't kiss on the lips. But I could have stopped him from touching me completely. And yet I allowed him to continue.

I could be laying in Kai's arms right now, but I'm snuggling with Sehun. I love Sehun, but maybe we are better off being friends. Maybe Kai is the one for me.

I just simply can't make up my mind.

But at the same time, I should've gathered my thoughts completely. Because now, Kai's feelings will be hurt. I'm not quite concerned as to how he will react, but more how he will feel.

"You don't have to explain." Sehun stated, rubbing my arm in a comforting way. "It was all my fault, I shouldn't have touched you like that."

"It's my fault too, Sehun. I didn't tell you to stop." I hiccup out, already in tears. "Kai will be so upset."

"Are you afraid of him?" He asks while rocking me back and forth. He really knows how to calm my crying fits.

"No, I don't care what he does." I clutch onto his shirt, pulling it to my face.

"You really do care about him, don't you?" He observes. But I didn't answer the rhetorical question. "Well, I'll be waiting for you." He adds after my lack of response.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I question.

"I would hate to see you get hurt. But once Kai does break you, I will be there to pick you back up." He states.

My crying stops abruptly, and I sit up properly. Staring at him in awe, I try to say something back. But words would not form, and it just looked at him speechless.

No one has told things like this to me before, so you can see where my surprise come from.

I am so blessed to have a friend like this.

After gawking at the sweet boy, I layed back down. Sehun whispered a 'goodnight' to me, and that is the last thing I remember before I drifted off.

* * *

When I woke up, there was chattering downstairs. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I look to the empty spot beside me.

I guess Sehun left once I had fallen asleep, just as promised. I'm glad that he respected my feelings, and didn't push things any further.

Trotting down the stairs, I follow the multiple voices. I found the boys in the living room, talking happily.