TEN

The crisp air nipped at my skin as I walked through the park. I'm wearing a light sweater, but the cold still managed to reach my arms.

We had another day off of school, so I woke up to take a morning walk.

Although I don't like waking up early, it's worth the stroll. People can be seen rushing to their jobs, while others are enjoying the new and fresh air.

It really amazes me to think about all of these people. I don't know a single person, but each one has a story. They all have families waiting for them to return.
They've even experienced happiness and heartbreak, but I don't know the reasons behind it.

I know I sound crazy, but I just have a different outlook on things.
Okay, maybe I am a little crazy.

Once stepping into the local cafe, I rubbed the palms of my hands together to create some friction.
I ordered a hot chocolate and sat at a table.
By the window, of course.

Quickly growing tired of sitting at the cafe, I get up from the table and leave once again.

I internally laugh at myself for being all over the place.

Breathing in the fresh air, I sat down on an empty bench. There's only about three other people in the park, so it is pretty quiet.
That is, until my phone rang and pulled me from my thoughts.

"Hello." I answer quietly.
It was Kai.

"Hey." His husky voice greeted my ears. "Where are you?"

"I'm at the park. Wh-"

"I'll be right there." He cut off, hanging up without a second thought.

Typical Kai, intruding my peaceful day.

Sighing, I set my phone onto the bench and try to get comfortable. I don't think I'll ever get used to Kai showing up unexpectedly.

My mind travels back to the events of yesterday.
Kai said that I belonged to him, and basically forced me into being his girlfriend. I don't know if I should be flattered, or totally creeped out.

I mean, I don't even understand why Kai wants to claim me as his. Maybe he's tired of being single and wanted someone that he isn't used to seeing around. I don't believe that he truly has feelings for me.
Hell, he probably doesn't even think I'm pretty.
Guys like Kai enjoy older girls, they love their noonas. But I'm younger than Kai, so I can't be what he wants.

Maybe he just likes a chase. I'm virtually the only girl that doesn't fall at his feet, he might view it as a competition.

A competition to see how long it takes for me to fall for him.

As for myself, I'm not even sure how long it will take. When Kai is sincere, I assume it will be very quick. But once he shows his arrogant side, I swallow any feelings that have ever surfaced for him.

A tall figure walks from behind me, taking the open spot on the small bench I am on.

I turn my body slightly, so that I can properly see his face. Greeted by his charming smile, I return the gesture.

"You look cute when you're deep in thought." He taunts.

"Psh, you couldn't even see my face." I retort.

"No, but I could imagine it." My head tilts in confusion.

"Really?" I answer while forcing a laugh.

"I'm serious. I bet you were chewing your lip, you seem to do that a lot." Kai explains.

I slap his arm. "I do not!"