Chapter 13-Zaylor

Oh, oh, oh, it's magic

You know,

Never believe it's not so

Selena Gomez's song Magic was the only thing that went through my mind as Eliza started her lessons on how to control the mist.

"Okay." She lifted her hands and put her fingers together like she was going to snap them. "Sydney is going to watch me snap my fingers. When I snap my fingers, I will decide in my mind how much time I wanted her to forget. For example, if I wanted to make it like you two had never met, I would decide the correct amount of time and have both of you watch my fingers. Let me demonstrate." She faced Sydney and kicked her shin.

"Ow!" Sydney cried. "What was that for?"

"Now I'll make her forget the past thirty seconds." Sydney watched her snap her fngers, and the pain in her face was replaced wth confusion.

"Did I miss something?" she asked.

"Awesome." I clasped my hands together and shook my head in awe. "How did you do that?"

"Easy," she said, letting her hand drop to her side. "You just have to make the person think or see what you want them to think or see. That's how the mist works."

"Ahh." I nodded my head. "Interesting."

"So basically," Eliza continued, "If you ever want to alter the Mist for demigods or mortals, just make them see or think what they want."

"Cool," I said. "Can you alter the Mist for yourself?"

"Umm, I don't think so," she said. "But I guess you could try." I shrugged my shoulders. She turned back to Sydney. "Happy now?"

Sydney still looked confused. "Did I run into something?" she asked. "My leg is killing me and I don't know why."

I looked at Eliza. "f you make someons forget something, or erase something from their mind, can you make them remember later?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. You'd have to find out and tell me."

"Couldn't you just ask your mom?"

Sydney and Eliza laughed.

"What?" I said.

"The gods rarely communicate with their children," Eliza said. "You're lucky to hear anything from them on a quest."

I became disappointed when I heard that. "Oh," I said.

"Sometimes," Eliza continued, "They come down to actually help their kids on their quests."

I nodded. "Cool."

"Well, we'd better be going," Sydney finally spoke up. "you know, with our quest and everything."

"I'm going on a quest too," Eliza said. "Maybe we'll bump into eachother."

"Finally leaving," Sydney said. "It's been weeks since you got it."

Eliza shrugged.

I nodded. "Thanks again," I said as Sydney and I walked out. Eliza waved.

"Good luck!" she called.

"You too!" I shouted back.

Sydney and I ran off toward the big house, hoping we weren't late.