Chapter 7-Zaylor

I didn't have any dreams that night, which I was thankful for. I woke up to campers getting dressed and shouting to each other.

"Whoa," I said using my elbow to prop me up. "Is this how it is every morning?"

A girl on the bed next to me laughed. The girl had short light brown hair and icy blue eyes. She wore an orange camp shirt and basketball shorts. She was tying her neon green running shoes. "About," she said.

"Are you waiting to be claimed?" I asked sitting up.

"Nah, Hermes is my dad." She finished tying her neon pink laces and stood up on the side of the bed. "How about you?"

"I'm just hoping I wake up from a dream." I stood on the side of my bed and stretched.

The girl laughed again. She had the biggest smile on her face. Seriously, it was starting to creep me out.

She laughed as she read my thoughts. "Don't worry, I didn't steal anything. I'm more into sports." She bent down, perfectly without bending her knees, and pulled a basketball out from under her bed. "You know how to play?"

"Sure," I said. "I just, uh," I gestured to my PJs.

She laughed. "It's all in the chest at the end of your bed. Clothes and everything."

"Thanks, just calm down, please, it's just creepy."

Her smile quickly faded and turned into a hard thin line.

"No offense," I added quickly.

Too late.

"Hum." She stormed away.

"Okay," I said aloud to myself. "One friend made, a whole camp to go."

I opened the trunk at the end of my bed. Inside were a bunch of denim jeans and orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirts. At the bottom were my black converses and white DC's. I grabbed a shirt, jeans, my converses, and other personal things, stuffed them in a backpack, slung it over my shoulder, and went to find a bathroom to change in. I like to sleep in socks (don't ask, I'm weird) so I slipped on my shoes and ran out. I met Sydney at the gift shop and asked for directions.

"They're over by the dinning pavilion," she said. "They look like the bathrooms in the mountains."

"Okay, thanks," I said.

I ran toward where Sydney said they should be. I then came across bathrooms like the ones in the mountains.

Great, I thought. Smelly mountain bathrooms for forever. Yay!

My opinion changed once I opened the door to the girl's side. It was the cleanest, nicest mountain bathroom I had ever seen. On one side they had clean (spotless) stalls with sinks with good soap and huge mirrors on the opposite side. On the back wall it was divided into three sections with double sets of curtains for showers.

"Awesome," I said to myself. "This isn't your normal mountain bathroom."

I walked into a stall and got dressed. Then I walked over to a sink to brush my hair and teeth. When I finished, I went back to the gift shop to find Sydney.

She was working behind the counter restocking. I walked up and hopped up on the counter.

"S'up, dog?" I said.

"Not much." She paused and stood up. "Excuse me, did you just call me 'dog?'"

I laughed. She started laughing too and resumed restocking.