Ali sighed and ran a hand through her hair, looking conflicted. "I don't think Dianna wants me here."

"She'll warm up to you," I reassured her softly, "Just talk to her or something, it isn't like she's heartless."

Ali nodded her head, although she didn't look very convinced.

"Guys, we've got a problem."

I twisted my head to see Thomas walking through the doorway, a worried look on his face. "Cedric and Alejandro are walking up this way, we need to go."

"What?" Toby piped up from the corner, doubt in his voice, "Where's Xenia?"

"Don't know, don't particularly care," Thomas said rather harshly, "C'mon, we need to move places."

"Are they going into all of the houses or something?" I asked. Thomas shrugged.

"I don't know, probably. They're looking for other tributes, we need to get out of here."

I nodded quickly and clambered to my feet, picking up the pack at my feet and slinging it over my shoulders. Toby and Ali got packs on as well, and Thomas picked up the knifes sitting near the door.

"Wait, where's Dianna?" I asked. Thomas' eyes widened.

"Oh god..." he muttered. Then he turned on his heel and ran out the door.

"THOMAS!" I shouted. I ran after him, pulling out my knife as I did so. I heard Toby and Ali running behind me, but I didn't take much notice. Thomas burst out the front door and leapt off the porch, glancing wildly up and down the street. He saw something a far bit down the road and his face immediately went ghost-white.

"Thomas, what is going on?" I shouted, stumbling down the porch steps and very nearly crashing into him. Thomas turned to me, his eyes wide in horror. Then he pointed down the road. I followed his gaze, and my blood turned to ice at what I saw.

Dianna was shouting bloody murder at the top of her lungs, wielding a knife that she didn't seem willing to use as she sprinted down the street. Right behind her, quickly gaining speed and getting dangerously close with a murderous snarl on his face, was Cedric. Alejandro was nowhere to be seen.

"Shit!" I heard Ali swear loudly from behind me and then next thing I knew, she was sprinting right past me and towards Dianna.

"Ali, NO!" Thomas shouted. He ran after her, leaving Toby and I in the dust. I quickly grabbed onto Toby's wrist and then dragged him forward, not willing to leave him behind with Alejandro and possibly Xenia still lurking about. Toby stumbled over his feet for a few moments but then quickly fell in step with me, and as a duo we ran towards Thomas and Ali.

I watched as Ali dove towards Dianna, grabbing her by the wrist and shoving her towards the rapidly approaching Thomas. Cedric changed targets and charged towards Ali instead, his mouth open in fury. Ali dodged around Cedric and then, to my surprise, she jumped up on his back.