Chapter 60 - The Time Twins

Start from the beginning

Despite not really having service, Lucy placed a few dollar bills on the table under a salt shaker. After coming in one day before she had gained money to be a little more well off, and being allowed to sleep at the cafe overnight, Lucy always left something as a token. Whether it be money or a photo requested by one of the baristas, often times both.

Lucy pulled on a black raincoat and pulled the hood up as she left the cafe. Her bag remained under the coat and she made her way down the street, happily taking in the sights of Ninjago City, New New Ninjago city if one was mid enough to actually call it that.

As she passed by a storm drain, something wrapped around her ankle.

Lucy yelped, the manhole beside her broke open and people around her screamed.

A tiny orange snake had climbed from the storm drain in the curb to grab Lucy, then the manhole cover had broke open and two more grabbed at her to pull her in.

The cold, dark tunnel sent fear up Lucy's spine.

Her instincts weren't what they used to be, a mix of the coma and going into a plain, apple-pie life caused her to freeze.

Lucy kicked at the serpentine but more and more climbed out, people screamed and ran and Lucy sent several flying with a gust of wind.

But the sheer number blatantly terrified Lucy, and she was pulled into the dark sewer.

Lucy felt her back slam against the wall of a damp cell and the cell door creaked open.

Her bag hung at her side and Lucy clutched the strap, glaring at the two men who walked in.

"Lucinda Garmadon," one sneered. "Another Garmadon spawn."

"Yeah, what about it?" Lucy challenged, maintaining her sight on the men. "Want an autograph? Or would you like me to take pictures of your wedding? You can contact me on social media, ya know? It doesn't take a kidnapping to get in touch with me. Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine with gay weddings. The age difference... eh, but you both seem to be adults, so I can't say much."

"You little bitch," one growled, advancing.

"Brother, don't," the other stopped him. "We can use her against the ninja."

Lucy's eyes flashed dangerously. "You think you can use me? You caught me off guard, I admit, but I'm not staying here. I have an appointment this Saturday at the top of the Mountain of a Million Steps, and I haven't failed a customer yet."

"Well it's time to end your streak," the older one held up the green Time Blade Lucy recognised from the hospital. Did her brother really lose that thing? It was probably Kai's fault, or Jay's. Those two can't keep anything for long, always losing their crap.

Lucy backed up and raised her hands, then she blasted them with wind, using the dampness of the cell to pull water from the walls and grabbing them, pulling the Time Blade from their grips.

"You must be Krux and Acronix," Lucy picked up the blade as she held them both to the wall. "Lloyd warned me about you, said you're this year's big bad. Gentle reminder, I don't take kindly to people who try and hurt my family."

She hesitated before she pulled the air from their lungs, morally, it wasn't the best move, but logically, she needed them unconscious.