29. MCs Reunite!

[Third Person's POV]

"One more floor to go." Jay yawned as he got carried up the stairs by a tight hold on his neck, pretty much used to the pain by the time.

"Why are humans creating such tall structures?" Logan complained as he handed Jay to Jax by the neck. They were taking turns carrying the rogue as they didn't trust him enough to untie him.

Jay, who was already used to the mistreatment, commented, "We could've taken the elevator if you guys didn't freak out so much." The wolves almost woke the whole building up with how loud they screamed in fright when the lift dinged open. They weren't used to the human world, Jay wasn't used to dealing with them.

"Shut the fuck up before I take away your ability to speak." Kenny growled and Jay clamped his mouth shut.

Jax, his brother, his beta and Sam (who wasn't his delta apparently but one of his best warriors) along with Jay had left the pack house at night to confirm Jay's stories.

To Jay's surprise, he was actually out for a whole day, the drug was too strong and he had no idea when he could start feeling Max again. Without Max, he had no chance of escaping so he had quietly led them to his apartment complex and the werewolves had made it there alive somehow (mostly thanks to Jay). They were on their way to Jay's apartment, which the wolves thought was Jax's mate's.

Jay had fooled them pretty smartly.

He was very scared back at the pack house when he had realised that Max wasn't there with him.

Jay knew he wasn't the main character. He couldn't just expect his prince charming to show up knocking down the wolf's doors with a gun, blow their heads off and save him.

Jay had to save himself and he did.

He was so fucking proud of himself for that.

Though there were some lagging doubts in the back of his head. What if Kai wasn't home? What if Jax and Kai weren't actually mates anymore due to the butterfly effect? What if he gets killed on the spot for lying?

But his doubts fled away the moment Jax stopped on the stairs and took a deep breath.

Everyone stilled and watched as his eyes swirled black, showing his surfacing wolf before turning back to the greens.

"Kenny......I can smell him." Jax whispered and his heart started beating louder for all the werewolves present there to hear.

"Are you serious?" Kenny gasped, not believing the possibility that the guy he was so sure was his kidnapper, was someone completely different.

"Yes." Jax breathed and they all stared up at the door a couple of steps ahead of them.

Jax took another deep breath and climbed up slowly, his gang following behind.

Jay held his breath, it was the moment of truth and a meeting he was waiting for for quite some time. His two favourite babies were finally going to meet.

Just as Jax stood in front of Jay and Kai's shared apartment door, it opened rapidly and Jay was met with weeping blue eyes.

"Hyung!" Wailed Kai and rushed to hug Jay, not noticing the gang of big burly wolves behind him.

"You-you're back!" He stuttered and pushed his nose in the crook of his neck, hugging him tightly enough to add to another broken rib.

Jay winced and tried to hug Kai back, but couldn't do it properly since Jax was still holding onto the back of his neck.

Talking about Jax....

"Kai," Jay whispered, "There's someone more important you need to-"

"There's nothing more important than you coming back!" Kai cried out, "Do you know how scared I was! You weren't in your bed when I came home after my night shift and you wouldn't pick up your damn phone!" He sniffled, "I was searching everywhere for you in the middle of the night when I went back to the cafe you were working. They said you got fired and I thought you left me before... I...I found your phone in the alley!" He was crying loudly again, "I thought the wolves took you!"