21. Dreaded Meeting

I stared blankly at whatever was in front of me, zoning out on everything and everyone present in the cafe.

Last night was fucking crazy.

After my near-death encounter with a revenge-driven psychotic ghost, my stubborn future boyfriend had forcefully taken me to the hospital.

Getting treated there was more time-consuming than I assumed and by the time I finished, it was almost 9 in the night.

To add more drama to the night, I had to deal with a sobbing Kai over a phone call, who had almost fainted at the news of me in the hospital.

It drained the remaining energy out of me to persuade him to not come to the hospital when the injury wasn't even serious and I was almost done getting treated.

Phoenix had dropped me off after dismissing my 'sorry's for keeping him occupied so late in the evening (not in a way I'd like to....).

And I had made it safe and sound to my ghost-less apartment where a weeping teen awaited me.

I had narrated the event to Kai in the morning (cause I collapsed in my bed the moment I got back home) and now he texted me every hour to make sure I still had my soul in the body.

I was pretty traumatised by my encounter with the ghost version of Rayvon who was equally horrible as the werewolf one, though I failed to understand how he got out of the body in the first place.

I had read plenty of isekai novels in my teens but this kind of thing never happened in any of those.

I even browsed through the book I had jotted down three years ago, the one with every little detail I knew about the author and the plots of her books.

They hadn't written any paranormal stories as far as I knew (unless it was some sick plot twist they had going for their ongoing stories).

Then, how the fuck did Rayvon turn into a ghost? And was he really gone for good now?

Surely Emery said she sent him to hell, but I couldn't exactly trust her word for it, partially due to jealousy and partially because of her strange personality.

And if she really was an exorcist and dealt with souls and stuff, maybe she would be able to tell me why I was stuck in this world!

Talking to her once again might be a good idea, so I mentally noted to ask Phoenix for her contact later on.

But talking about Phoenix.....how did he know her anyway? And what were they going to do last night?! I remember her saying something about fun-

"Excuse me, can you stop staring at my girlfriend? You're making us uncomfortable." A voice snapped me out of my daze as I saw a boy in his teens glare at me.

His words registered me a second later and I realised that I had subconsciously zoned out on a living person!

"Oh, no no no! I wasn't staring! I just zoned out!" I quickly explained myself, feeling wronged and embarrassed, "I'm so sorry."

The boy and his girlfriend just left after leaving no tip and I tried to sort out my thoughts so embarrassing shit like that won't happen again.

My phone dinged and I rolled my eyes, knowing it was Kai doing his hourly check-ups on me.

Kia👶: still alive?

You: yup. now stfu for the last time

I irritably texted back, he had asked the same thing eight times already!

A sweet scent hit my nose while I hit the send button and shoved my phone in the pocket, smiling up at the man I couldn't stop thinking about last night (along with a creepy ghost).