Growing Relations

Start from the beginning

I know that I have always made you feel like you are my business heir and not my son." I saw his eyes getting teary as he looked up and smiled at Taehyung, "I'm really sorry, son. I should have been a better father to you."

I felt Taehyung's grip on my hand tightening as Taehyung looked away from appa.

"I understand why you did what you did. Im not holding grudges against you." He spoke faintly, still looking somewhere else.

"I should have known what I was doing to you. I always wished you would spend time with us and stop being so cold with me. Though seeing you being soft with your mother and your brother, sister did make me happy.

But I still longed my son's softness for me. I feel proud of seeing how far you have come and how much you have grown in life. But I really wish I could be with you as a father throughout your life journey.

I'm not blaming you for that. It's just me who's wrong. I really am sorry for the times you had to question your hardwork and existence because of me. I know I have never been a ideal father to you, but whatever I did was what I thought was right at that time, my son.

But that was the past.. I do understand now that my forceful and demanding behaviour was doing very wrong to you. Though despite of my wrong doings, I still selfishly hope that you see me as a father and not as someone who's business you're handling.

I know I should have trusted you, because that company is no longer mine but yours. I just wished to see you happy but I forgot that happiness isn't about money." I saw him smiling through the tears as I tried not to look at him, since it'd be awkward for him if I kept looking at him.

I was happy that he was finally realizing his mistakes.

Even though it took an accident of Taehyung for him to understand, at least he did understand.

I looked up at Taehyung as I found him gulping down his saliva. I knew it was hard for him so I intertwined our fingers to let him know I'm here.

"I wish you can know that I love you son." appa's voice broke as I saw tear escaping from his eyes.

I felt Taehyung's holding my hand tightly as I looked at appa.

"Please forgive me. I don't want to lose my son." Appa spoke as he looked down

Taehyung let go of my hand as I looked at him, "I understand you appa.. I may not have done that as a kid, but I know that you only want the best for me."

"I.. Have moved past that... Your decisions have led me to a good life. I don't have grudges against you. You don't need to tie yourself when I'm freeing you.

Despite of what you did or what you do, nothing changes the fact that you're my father. I know I have never been emotionally open with you and that I should have been, for that I apologize sincerely, but I really do respect you as my father.

Not for me, but for Taejun and Jihoon, you're a ideal father. Though I wish for you to give the love of a grandfather to my kids. I don't blame you for what you have done. No matter what. You're gonna remain my father." Taehyung spoke as I saw appa looking up to Taehyung as he smiled sadly.

Im so proud of Taehyung.

I smiled at them as appa spoke, "will it be okay if I hug my son..?" He asked Taehyung.

I saw Taehyung smiling as he took some small steps toward appa before embracing him.

Taehyung rubbed appa back making appa smile as some more tears left his eyes.

"I do love you appa. You're my family. I'm grateful of all the times you worked hard to provide me the best." I heard Taehyung appa pulled out before smiling as he nodded his heart.