Chapter 3: Remembrance

The next day at home...

Demetria opened her eyes and next to her husband. She was so very thankful to have him, even if they spent every moment on their honeymoon together.

They sat in front of the most stunning view they had ever witnessed; the Wheel Well itself. It was only a lookout of the room's window as they opened their eyes and stretched themselves out.

"That was the best honeymoon I could have hoped for, honestly." Demetria smiled.

"Agreed. I had a blast!" Dash smirked.

It had barely been a week or so for the fledgling couple when they first got married, but they were already happily married in their own minds ever since they first laid eyes on each other. Some might say it was too fast of them to do so in such a short amount of time, but their love for each other defied time itself.

"You know, I feel even more grateful now to have you by my side than ever before. By the Manufacturer, I thought I had lost you in that academy rubble. You defied death itself to come back to me. I don't know how I can ever repay you, my love." Demetria admired her husband.

She rolled back to admire him – staring up and down – just taking it all in. She had never been instilled with so much love and compassion for another car before.

"Well, I wouldn't have come back for any other car than you," Dash smirked, chuckling to himself.

Demetria went up to her husband and gave him a warm, loving nudge. The two sat in their embrace for as long as they possibly could; until company had shown up.

Sally and Lightning McQueen both nudged Dash and Demetria's bedroom door open as slowly and quietly as possible.

"Knock, knock. We thought we'd bring you some 'welcome home' bed-and-breakfasts!" Sally said, keeping her voice down.

"Welcome to marriage, you two." Lightning echoed.

"Ah, thank you, McQueens." Dash thanked as he gracefully took his breakfast – a piping hot quart of oil courtesy of Flo herself.

"Say, you seem a bit calmer this morning, Lightning." Dash observed.

"Well, Sal and I were in the mood ourselves for the first time in a while last night..." Lightning smirked.

"Too much information!" Dash teased playfully.

"Eh... no regrets." Lightning laughed, shrugging it off.

Demetria took her quart from Sally and returned a warm smile to her.

"I don't know how I can thank you enough for all you've done for me – for us. You two need a vacation, stat!" Demetria admired.

"It's really not a problem, Deme. It never has been." Sally smiled. "Besides, it keeps Stickers and I quite fit! Don't wanna be a rust-bucket, now!"

"...Mater would not like you saying that." Dash joked, causing all in the room to chuckle.

"No, he would not. But, he still looks great for his age – so it isn't a big deal." Lightning quipped in defense of his wife.

"In saying that, however, Stickers and I wouldn't be against you two finding somewhere a bit more... private." Sally hinted.

"Here we go," Dash whispered to Demetria with a knowing smirk.

"Not that we have a problem with you two staying here! That's not a problem at all. We just thought you two could use a space of your own for all your little... ehem... 'activities'." Sally hinted once again.