Day 18

I woke up, turning my phone on.

Jeonghan:
You awake?

Seokmin:
Yeah
What's going on?

Jeonghan:
Go out of your house

Seokmin:
Eh-
Okay?
Gimme a second

I wore my clothes, turning to the sleeping Soonyoung. I slightly smiled. Then my smile disappeared when I realized what I have to do now. I left the room and closed the door carefully. I went down the stairs to the front door.

I opened them quickly, facing a smiling Jeonghan who waved me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him hurriedly, looking around. "You shouldn't be here."

"I know, Seok. I don't wanna make any problems." His smile disappeared. "Did you say it to him?"

"What?"

"You exactly know what I think," he hissed.

I sighed. "Yeah, you're right. I told him about us. I mean about me and Soonyoung. I said what you told me before."

He nodded. "Fine. I thought you said to him about our long friendship."

"No, I said nothing about it," I answered quickly. "He doesn't know anything about you, Jeonghan. I promise."

He crossed his arm. "Fine. I trust you, Seokmin. You're my friend and your Soonyoung seems fine."

"But- I wish we could spend the Christmas all together."

He shrugged. "Who knows, Christmas wishes are happening." He smiled a little. "Sorry, but I need to go now."

I nodded. "It's okay, Han. Bye."

"Bye, Seok."

I returned to the house, determined to go make breakfast. However, when I entered the kitchen Soonyoung was sitting there, waiting for me with a neutral face. "Who was that?"

I froze for a while, trying to find the best answer. "I- Soonyoung, I can explain it."

"Who was that?" he asked again.

"Soonyoung, please-"

He interrupted me. "Please, tell me who was that? You were right, Seokmin, we aren't really honest to each other. I know it was that guy who was standing in front of the store. I'm not as stupid as you think. Now tell me who was that guy in front of our house."

"It was Jeonghan," I said with a bowed head. I walked over to sit on the nearest chair. "We- I can't talk about him. He forbade me.

"But he's not here."

"Oh- you're right... He's my friend from childhood. He's the only one who knows me very well," I sighed. Soonyoung brought me a glass of water. I smiled at him thankfully and I drank a little. "My childhood wasn't the best. I envied others. When I was ten I-" I stopped for a few seconds. I felt one tear run down my cheek. "I'm sorry, Soonyoungie."

He got up and came closer to me. he sat down on the chair beside me, taking my hands into his. "It's okay, take your time, Seok. If you don't want to, you don't have to talk about it."

I shook my head. "I need to talk about it, I just need to. I have to get it out of my head."

He nodded.