“Good morning, Fallon,” Simeon said.

            “Morning everyone,” Fallon said as she took a seat beside Wyatt. “Did everyone have a good time at the party?”

            “I’d say that’s a question we should be asking you considering your early departure,” Simeon answered.

            “I had something important I needed to do,” Fallon said and reached for a pastry.

            Wyatt laughed. “Like my brothers?”

            While Daphne laughed along with Wyatt, Simeon had the decency to confine his reaction to nothing more than a smirk.

            “Better not let Lucian and Griffin hear you say something like that,” Fallon warned.

            “Like what?” Lucian asked.

            Fallon smiled as much at the sight of him and Griffin as she did at the panic that flickered in Wyatt’s eyes. “Like what?”  

            Lucian lifted his right eyebrow as he sat down next to her. “That’s what I asked you.”

            “What did you ask me?” Fallon asked.  

            Lucian shook his head. “Never mind, forget I asked.”

            When Fallon winked at Wyatt, she was rewarded with one of his cute little grins. It was no wonder the kid was so popular with the girls at his school. Fallon could easily picture the way he used that grin to manipulate them.

            “There’s the happy couple,” Simeon announced. “I understand congratulations are in order.”

            Angelica beamed at Seth whose fingers were threaded around hers. The smile Seth wore for Angelica gave way to a frown when his eyes settled on Daphne.

            Daphne laughed. “Surprised to see I’m not a sniveling, whining mess?”

            “Disappointed to see you’re still here but not surprised,” Seth answered, and Lucian and Griffin snickered.

            “Now, Seth, that’s hardly any way to treat a guest in our home,” Simeon admonished. “Least of all one so lovely.”

            “Thank you, Simeon,” Daphne said.

            The way Daphne appraised Simeon made Fallon’s stomach turn. A horrible thought suddenly crowded into Fallon’s brain. Simeon was a man, an attractive one at that. Daphne was a beautiful albeit devious woman. What if she managed to worm her way into his bed and then his heart? Fallon shuddered at the idea of him making Daphne her step mother in law. If he did that, Lucian would never forgive him.

            Looking around the room, Fallon tried to shake the image of Daphne occupying a permanent spot at their table when another thought struck her. All of them were seated at the dining room table enjoying a late breakfast. Seth, Angelica, Wyatt, Daphne, Lucian and Griffin and her and even Simeon all sat at the table. The only person missing was Marshall.

            “Where’s Marshall?” Fallon asked.

            Angelica frowned at her. “Isn’t he in his crib?”

            “He wasn’t when I went to check on him this morning. I thought maybe you’d gotten up with him.”

            “Not me.”