१२. BACK HOME ||

"Vasudev?" I saw him sitting beside me.

"It is time for you to go home..." He smiled with a divine gaze energizing my whole body and purifying my soul. 

He was indeed the all knower, the Almighty. There was nothing to hide from him.

"But the war...Bhagvad Gita..." I mumbled 

"The war...is over..." the Lord said and placed his right ring finger on my forehead.

___________________________________

Kalyug,

CITY HOSPITAL, 

October 1, 2021

I heard faint sounds of a familiar woman weeping. My hands and legs were numb. With great efforts, I opened my eyes only to see pipes and oxygen cylinders around me. 

"Maa?" I was able to only utter that word. 

"Surya!" My mom said and was about to hug me when the nurse stopped her. 

"I have to call the doctor first madam...kindly let the patient rest..." she ordered and walked away.

"Maa..." I mumbled with tears in my eyes. I was about to wake up when I realized my hands and and legs had been plastered.

"What date is it?" I mumbled, only audible to my friends near me.

"It's been eighteen days since you went into coma..." Stephen told me.

I had been fighting between life and death for the past eighteen days. I knew what the Lord meant. I closed my eyes recollecting his divine outline. 

It was a fight between life and death, a parallel between Dharm and Adharm, maybe. No one around me knew I had entered another realm, maybe another universe in which I had to play the most important person in history. Luckily, years spent in that realm was only a few days spent here.

Despite knowing that I would not be able to come back home, I had decided to stand up for Samragini in the most subtle way possible. I never knew what happened after I left Dwapar yug, but I really wished Danveer Karn had stood up for the person in need because he would always give away whatever he had to the needy. 

"The doctor is here..." The nurse said and signaled my friends and family to get out of my hospital cabin.

I could feel the injection going straight into my arms, and within seconds, I had fallen asleep. 

___________________________

Within a few days I was fit and fine, everything between grandpa and me were solved after my accident. Everything was back to normal.

"Maa...who treated me?" I asked picking up my books,

"Umm...Dr.Madhav..." She replied busy cooking. 

"We felt he was the Lord himself when you opened your eyes..." she smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"I could breathe only after you woke up..." she mumbled and hugged me,

"Maa!" I put my head back and hugged her.

"It's time for my studies..." I said and went into my room. 

"I can see a change in that boy..." I heard my grandpa telling my mother.

My grandpa had changed too. He was never the old, grumpy, ever complaining man anymore. Maybe because he had realized my importance in his life and I, his.