६.BURNING IN HELL ||

DWAPAR YUG,

DWAPAR YUG,

Sixth day of the month of Phalguna...

Things seemed smooth for a few days. I knew that Prince Duryodhan was plotting something against the Pandavas, but I did not know what he was trying to do. As I reached Hastinapur, I saw an architect moving out of Mamashree's chambers. 

"Angraaj!" Mamashree limped across and met me.

"Who's he...? " I said observing his fingers. He had a model of a small building in his hands.

"He seems like an architect..."

"You are right...He is Purochan..." Mamashree said...

My eyes widened in shock. He was Purochan! These guys were planning to burn the Pandavas down in Lakshagriha.

"This is wrong..." I said

"What is wrong...Mitr?" Prince Duryodhan said as he entered the chamber.

"You are trying to burn down the monument...along with all the Pandavas in it..." I said

Mamashree and Duryodhan seemed shocked.

"How did you know? We tried to keep this away from you..." Dushasshan said

"I can predict the future too..." I said glaring angrily at them.

"...To some extent..." I continued

The three of them stood baffled with my comment. 

"You're as handsome as Nakul, you can predict the future like Sahadev, you follow dharm like Yudhistir, your archery skills are far better than Arjun's and..."

"I eat like Bheem?" I asked Dushashan, chuckling.

"Will they die?" Prince Duryodhan asked excited.

"I don't know!" I said

"Putr Duryodhan, he would have overheard our conversation...he doesn't know the future...and by the way, anyone who gets stuck in a..."

"house made of wax will die..." I completed Mamashree's sentence. I could notice the eyes of the statue that were moving. They were spies sent by Mahamantri Vidur. My job was done. I had revealed the truth successfully. Mahamantri would do the rest of the work.

I touched the feet of Mata Kunti and hugged Arjun, I whispered in his ear,

"Don't die in a fire before we meet in a combat..." I chuckled, which obviously offended Rajkumar Arjun

"You don't commit suicide at the thought of me meeting you in a combat..." He chuckled

I was impressed with his savage answer. 

____________________________________

Eighth day of the month of Phalguna...

Rohini Nakshatra

The Pandavas had reached Varnavrat. As expected, Mahamantri Vidur had warned Yudhistir regarding the Lakshagriha with some clues and a rat. 

A part of me grew angry on myself, because despite knowing the truth, I had supported Duryodhan just to get back home. Karn did not know he was the son of Kunti and the eldest brother of the Pandavas, but I, being Karn, knew that I was her son. 

Duryodhan was ready to murder his own cousins for the sake of being the king. How would he treat his subjects? How could he be a good king? He had already been poisoned with Mamashree's evil tactics. It would be an insult to Lord Suryadev, Lord Parashuram, my Hitler grandfather, my own mother who had given me values and especially, my conscience that showed me my place. 

_____________________________________

Amavasya night, 

I was not the Pandavas who were burning in the Lakshagriha fire, it was I, who was burning in hell. 

I felt the pain of Karn at that point of time. Being an adult, and making certain life descisions were not easy.  

____________________________

We had received an invitation for Kampilya's princess' Swayamvar. I knew it was princess Panchali, who was born out of yagnya few days ago.

"It's child marriage..." I muttered chuckling. The princess was twenty-five years old, though.

"We're going there...Mitr..." Duryodhan said, smiling.

I knew it was time for Arjun to be back with a bang. 

Praying the Lords once again, I headed to The capital city of PanchalKampilya.

Praying the Lords once again, I headed to The capital city of Panchal, Kampilya