१०. A SPECTATOR TO THE GAME?||

DWAPAR YUG

"A...d...dice game invitation?" I gulped when the brothers, Duryodhan and Dusshasan discussed their plans with me. I feared the worst.

To my surprise, they did not reveal their ulterior motives behind inviting the Pandavas along with the Samragini. 

"It's just a game...putr Karn..." Mamashree limped around the room trying hard to convince me.

Was I really going to be a spectator to the game? My nerves began trembling at the thought of the upcoming events. I tightened my jaw and looked at Duryodhan. I knew I would be able to go back home after all this passes by. 

But I could feel the discomfort somewhere inside of me. I gently nodded and got ready for the sabha, as an unwanted guest. 

_________________________________

I could see Yudhistir was about to win. Mamashree knew how to turn the tables and make the Pandavas lose everything in a few more rounds. I could see Nakul and Sahadev giving up their crowns followed by Arjun and Bheem. 

"Slaves!" Duryodhan laughed tapping his thigh. 

The whole of Indraprasth was won with just a dice. Mamashree was a master in manipulating the human brain. He tricked Yudhistir into becoming overconfident about winning the game. 

As I saw the five brothers giving up everything, Mamashree gave them a last ray of hope, which I knew, was a perfect trap. I was not ready for this. 

______________________________________

Mamashree had successfully turned the tables. The brothers were sitting on the ground and their pale expressions were being enjoyed by Mitr Duryodhan. 

"You have one more thing to play with..." Mamashree muttered looking hopefully at Yudhistir. They were hinting at 'Samragini' Draupadi . 

The first Pandu putr who got ferocious after listening was Bheem. He growled like a huge lion, shaking the whole sabha. The eldest brother agreed once Duryodhan began blackmailing him. How typical!

____________________________________

I could hear the wails of the woman being pulled by her hair to the sabha. Was I going to be just a spectator? Was I going to be a part of this plan? 

Is this what Bhagwan Parashuram taught me? Why should I remain silent when a woman is being harassed in front of me, when I have the ability to stop it?

My soul was shattered seeing the princess wailing and struggling to get out of Dusshasan's hands. The Pandavas did nothing but keep quiet. My head turned towards my right, where Mahamantri Vidur stood silent, crying. To my left, the was the mighty Gangaputr Bhishm, still lamenting over Duryodhan's actions and Draupadi's pain, but did not stop his own grandchild from commiting a sin. Guru Dron just closed his eyes, trying his best not to see the sight in front of him. Maharaj Dridhrashtr did not even flinch.

"Disrobe her!" Duryodhan ordered 

"Stop!" My voice echoed all over the sabha. The hundred Kauravas looked at me with shock, the Pandavas looked at me with helpless eyes. 

"Before that...I'd like to..." I was cut in between

"Now what Karn?" Duryodhan asked with rage.

I smirked. 

"I, being Radhey Karn, declare Yudhistir as the next King of Anga..."