७.MEETING THE UNEXPECTED||

DWAPAR YUG,

DWAPAR YUG,

It took a long time for us to reach Kampilya. Just before the swayamvar commenced, The King, Maharaj Drupad introduced us to almost all the kings of Aryavrat. The grandeur of the welcoming ceremony won my heart. There were music, dance and flowers all around. 

"I am glad to welcome our chief guest, Dwarka Naresh, Vasudev Krishn!" Maharaj Drupad announced. 

I saw Him entering. The deep-blue skinned Lord with unbelievingly handsome features, curled up dark hair, with sandal tilak on his crescent-moon shaped forehead, with a playful mischief in his pink lips, with yellow vastr ,with a peacock feather happily sitting on his head,  and to be honest, he was extremely divine. 

He greeted everyone with a smile and I felt he glanced at me for a moment. He turned towards King Drupad and nodded a yes before he walked over to greet all other Kings present in the arena. 

"Mitr Karn...this man does magic with his words...please don't fall into his trap..." friend Duryodhan warned. 

I nodded a yes and sat down on the seat given to me. I had agreed to come to Kampilya just to assist my friend. I never wished to take part in the swayamvar since I was not actually invited to take part. My invitation read "Kampilya's Maharaj Drupad invites you to be a spectator for my daughter, the princess of Panchal, the one born out of fire Yagyaseni's swayamvar...".

Almost everyone failed to lift the bow. Even Prince Duryodhan tried and failed miserably. 

"Is there no man in this earth who has the ability to do this task?" Prince Drishtadyumn questioned

"Mitr Karn...go and do the task...Hastinapur's honor is in your hands now..." Prince cried

I nodded a yes and stood up. I was confident that I could do the task.Bhagwan Parashuram had trained me very well.  I proceeded towards the dais and bowed down in front of the bow. I could see the princess getting nervous as I proceeded. I bowed down in front of Maharaj Drupad and the princess.

"Maharaj, I do have the confidence that I will do this task. But before that I would like to seek the princess's permission before I compete...I have been invited as a spectator, not as a participant..." I said with folded hands.

The princess nodded a no pleading her father.

"You may proceed Angraj..." Maharaj said ignoring the princess's request.

"I haven't received the Rajkumari's consent..."

"Angraaj, are you even competent or are you just wasting time?"  Shishupal shouted out to me.

"Mitr Karn! What are you doing?" Duryodhan signaled me tp proceed.

I closed my eyes and lifted the bow in a second, silencing the whole sabha.

"I had to do this to silence everyone...but I won't take part...I'm sorry for the inconvenience princess..." I said placing the bow back in its place.

"You are insulting the princess Angraaj!" Maharaj and Yuvraj Drishtadyumn chorused together.

"It'll be an insult to the princess's swayamvar if I take part in it without her consent...I'm sorry...but I have to go now..." I bowed down and walked back. I could see the princess thanking me with her eyes and I smiled reassuringly. 

"He! He ! Scared huh? Sut putr! You ran away from the competition...?" A king asked me,

"Were you able to lift the bow in first place?" Prince Duryodhan angrily questioned the king making him silent

"Why did you do that Mitr?" he turned to me and asked

"I was necessary, friend..." I replied...

Prince Duryodhan shrugged and relaxed,

"That woman is going to be a virgin all her life!" Dushashan said. 

"Maybe...or maybe not..." I said and turned towards the line of Brahmins standing behind the row of kings.

_________________________________________

Everything happened as I had expected. Prince Arjun, in his disguise, managed to hit the target and win princess Draupadi's hands. 

A part of me did not agree to betray friend Duryodhan.

"He was Arjun, Mitr..." I told him. He seemed shocked and surprised.

"How do you know?" he asked me

"Because there's no warrior on earth who could achieve that feat other that Arjun..." I replied.

_____________________________________________

Only four more chapters to go my dear friends, I will end this story soon.( I know many of you are not liking this). Please bear with my poor writing till then. It is a humble request from the writer's side🙏🏻🙏🏻

I'm extremely sorry for the disappointment I've caused.