४. HUMILIATED IN HASTINAPUR? ||

DWAPARA YUG ,  

DWAPARA YUG ,  

Walking among the dense forests seemed really challenging, but I had gotten used to it . I had started feeling like I belonged to Dwapara Yug already, since I had spent a few years here. I was stuck in an unimaginable time cycle, similar to a parallel world, maybe. 

I brushed the thorny bushes away from my path and walked forward, when I heard a rustle. This sound immediately alarmed my senses that had been sharpened by Lord Parashuram and I tried aiming. I realized it could be a cow, since I had learnt stories about Karn's curse. I took back my arrow, when I heard someone say,

"You're definitely not a brave warrior..." 

I wondered how that joker appeared out of nowhere,

"May I know who you are?..." I said, trying my best to be serious.

"What's the point in learning who I am...danveer...but the truth is, you are not a brave warrior..." the young man chuckled.

"Okay...so?" I said raising my eyebrow

"Aren't you interested in proving yourself?..." 

"Do you mean to say you wish to see me aim?" 

"You'll not be able to do that..."

"Sure...Talk after I aim your head..." I replied and continued,

"If you're alive..." 

The man seemed shocked and my statement.

"Bratashree! Have you forgotten me? I'm Shon!" 

I knitted my eyebrows pondering who Shon was. I got a flash of memories that made me realize that Shon was Pitashree Adirath's and Mata Radha's biological son. I looked at him, patting his head,

"You've grown up so much!" 

"Bratashree!...The Princes Of Hastinapur are showcasing their skills in the arena...are you coming along with me to see them?...I'm sure...no one would match your skills..." he said proudly.

I had gotten almost all the required knowledge of archery from the Lord, but I really wondered if I could put up an equal fight to the legendary warrior, Prince Arjun, who was considered as the best archer history had ever seen. I followed Shon, and was awestruck to view the large arena that was ten time larger than a football stadium. 

As the princes arrived, I heard the crowd cheering up for them. I noticed that all the guys were extremely handsome. I thanked the Lord that no one was as handsome as them back in Kalyug. We had scarcity of girls already. Many remained bachelors because girls of Kalyug expected a lot from guys. 

I keenly observed how the princes performed. I chuckled seeing a prince flinch when he was aimed. Their techniques did not differ a lot from what I was taught. They still had to master their techniques, I felt. Prince Bheem was ferocious, but he was not as cool headed as Prince Nakul . The brothers seemed to have completely different personalities. Despite them being good warriors, I was unable to feel the aura that I felt with Gurudev. 

My eyes scanned the whole arena and the elders. My eyes froze when I saw Rajmatha Kunti. After playing the role of Karn these years, I somehow managed to accept her as my mother already.  I gently cried, remembering my own mother. How had she been all these years? How was my Hitler grandpa? I felt someone placing my hands on my shoulder.

"Putr..." I immediately knew who she was.

"Radha maa..." I muttered and hugged her. She immediately stepped back and pulled my ears,

"Where had you been? Do you know how worried I was?" 

I did not mind her twisting my ear, but my Kundal was hurting me to such and extent that I remembered that I had to barge into the arena and tell everyone that I was the greatest warrior. 

"Rajkumar Arjun! The greatest of warrior of all times!..." 

I stepped back, not wanting to get involved. 

"I disagree!" someone shouted from my side. I was surprised to hear that the man had a voice that was similar to mine. 

"Shon!" My eyes widened, when I saw the boy winking at me mischievously. 

"All the best Bratashree...prove that being a Sut putr doesn't really mean one cannot learn archery..." he said and pushed me from above, such that I landed directly in the arena and everyone was looking at me. 

"How dare you?" roared the Princes' kulguru, Kripacharya. 

"May I know who your father is?" Guru Dronacharya questioned me. 

"Your identity?" Kulguru chirped in. 

"I'm...The son of a charioteer...Adirath..." I said out aloud and clear, making the whole arena stunned . Everyone around me began buzzing and someone looked at me as if I had committed a crime. 

"How dare you?" Guru Dron said stomping his feet,

"You have the audacity to challenge the best warriors of the whole Aryavrat..." 

I did not know that I was still innocent to be living in Dwapara Yug. My mother had brought me up with utmost care and she had always taught me to respect people irrespective of their profession or caste. 

"Of course, I do..." I said surprised. Rajkumar Suyodhan seemed impressed. 

"Do you know you'll be hanged for raising weapons against the prince?" Maharaj Dridhrashtr asked

"Yes I do...but I disagree with the fact that he is the best archer..." I said holding the Vijaya in my hands. 

People began humiliating me. Some even began throwing stones at me, but my Kavach and Kundals protected my skin. I felt humiliated. 

"I'm Lord Parshuram's disciple...I announced..." 

Prince Duryodhan seemed extremely happy. Everyone began badmouthing me, I could feel the pain of my heart pounding in my chest. Shon's mimicry had caught me in that situation. 

"I declare him the king of Anga..." someone spoke up for me.

All the people who were cursing and shooing me away fell silent on hearing the announcement. How could I not take Prince Duryodhan's side? I needed a kingdom for a combat with Prince Arjun. Though I feared the worst, I decided to accept my fate, because I knew, I did not belong there.  

My mother had always told me not to do mistakes knowingly. Accidental mistakes could be forgiven. I did all these knowingly, despite knowing what my future held for me. Was I right? I did not know. It seemed like I had got stuck in an infinite time loop. To die in the Mahabharat battle, I had to spend more years that I had spent in Kalyug. 

Praying the lords once again, I accepted the Kingdom Of Anga, thus becoming, Angraaj Karn.