११. Turning the tables? ||

"I, being Radhey Karn, declare Yudhistir as the next King of Anga..." I announced, making everyone around me startled. 

I could see Mamashree smile wickedly once again.I knew what was going on in his mind. 

"The dice game is not over yet..." Dusshasan said 

"I am sure Yudhistir is not proud of the land which I, a common sutputr gave him as alms...he'll definitely not be able to put that on stake...am I right Yudhistir?" I asked lifting my eyebrow.

I could see prince Yudhistir's grateful eyes. I walked towards him and placed my crown on his head. I pierced my fingers and applied a tilak on his forehead, thus, officially declaring him as the king of Anga. As far as I was concerned, I was better without it. 

The Pandavas were about to open their mouths when Duryodhan shrieked

"Karn! What are you doing?" he shouted

I calmly turned to him and said,

"saving your honor price Duryodhan" 

I could see the relieved faces of Mahamahim Bhishm, Guru Dron and Mahamantri Vidur as I somehow found a way to protect Samragini's honor, as well as stop the game of waging the most precious things. 

Mamashree stomped his feet and muttered something to Duryodhan. 

"You're a cheat!" Shakuni shouted

"No...I'm just a mirror" I replied

"I can't thank you enough..." Yudhistir muttered

"You still don't have right over Anga..." I replied back

"I know...It is you who gave me this after all...I am indebted to you..." The Pandavas joined their hands in front of me. 

I smirked looking at their pale faces.

"Even Indraprasth was never yours..." I chuckled

Yudhistir looked confused, so was the sabha

"Just like I gave you Anga, it was the Lord who gave you an opportunity to be a king..." I said holding his folded hands. 

The Pandavas looked at each other, and could not agree more. 

"You're...you're right..." Yudhistir muttered lowering his head. 

"Maybe the Lord wished to remind you of his presence..." I smiled and continued,

"You can never take pride in something which is never yours...everything around you or which belongs to you is just something you got by Bhagwan's grace...don't tell me that you got it because you worked hard, you were able to work hard because of the Almighty's grace...you can never exercise your rights until you do your duty..." 

"I a...agree with you Angraj...we're at fault" Arjun inserted in between.

"May I tell you guys something?" I questioned

The five nodded.

"All of you have learnt Dharma...but you still have to learn the practical aspects of it..." I muttered and chuckled to myself because that reminded me of bookworms back in Kalyug. Students there were always ready to study, write and get marks, but never learnt for the sake of knowledge. The Pandavas were similar to them, ready to prove they were Dharmvaans , but never realized what exactly Dharm was. 

I walked out of the sabha and took the path towards the jungle, unknowing where it was leading to.

As I slowly walked away, I could see the sun vanishing into the darkness, and the stars took the responsibility to show me the right path.

I lied down under a large Banyan tree and closed my eyes and suddenly realized I had broken the sequence of Mahabharat. 

"How will I go home if the war does not happen?" I shouted and felt someone touching my shoulder.

I turned around and muttered,

"Vasudev?"