Arataki Itto • Conflicted

"It's just that, even when I'm not on your side fully, you'd still defend me

"It's just that, even when I'm not on your side fully, you'd still defend me."

⚠️Character Quest Spoilers⚠️

You had stood next to Nogata and began thinking your decisions of what had happened in the last few days, Takuya matching your grim expression. You held the paper charm behind your back, his eyes wandering to what was in your hand.

He sighed and folded his arms as the loud entrance of three figures, your eyes lying on Itto who's eyes immediately met yours. The shock on his face immediately made your heart drop, you felt sorry for him. You were a blue oni, your ancestors had sacrificed everything for red oni's which left your own clan with nothing. Your brother, Takuya, had dragged you into his mess and you weren't sure how to pull yourself out of.

"Y/N?" Itto's voice echoed through out the room, and you looked down in shame. The Traveler had been directly next to him with Paimon floating beside him, their face frowning directly at you. "Didn't they already tell you!? They didn't want to be involved in your schemes! Ugh, you idiot!" Arataki Itto ran a hand through his hair and glared at your brother, who's eyes never left yours.

Nogata stood up and drew his sword, immediately springing into combat with Itto and the Traveler, Paimon flying over to you with a worried face. "Are you really one of the bad guys!?" She said, not long ago you were having fun fighting beetles with everyone, Daisuke was declared the winner after getting Crimson Cyclone.

You smiled at her and shook your head, "I'd never do that to Itto." She let out a sigh of relief and your friends defeated Nogata. He huffed and sat down next to you and Takuya, "Bet you think you've won, don't ya?" He says to Itto, "Haha, so naive! This is my home turf!"

You clench the paper in your hand a little more, nervous for what his reaction would be. Nogata's eyes looked directly at Itto, his hat tipping upwards. "I'll let you in on a little secret. A long time ago, I picked up this rare paper charm. It's very precious to me." He paused for a second and continued on his little evil spiel, "What makes it so special is that if you tear one piece, the other piece starts tearing too."

You looked down at Nogata, a gleam in your eye and your brother who had stood on the other side of him, noticed.

"Uh, yeah. News flash, don't care about your cute little origami obsession." Itto said and walked his way closer to the three of you, the tension in the room only growing. "You'd better stay where you are and let me finish!" Nogata screamed, "Aren't you curious what the other piece is used for?"

"I'll tell you. It's now the critical component of a mechanism, and when it gets torn, this place goes up in smoke! Yeah. The whole hideout is rigged with explosives and ready to blow." You sighed at his outburst, hoping that he'd shut up and bite his tongue.