Xiao • Home

"Thank you for coming home

"Thank you for coming home."

"Argh!" Xiao clutches his head as he lies down on his and Y/N's shared bed, sleeping on Y/N's side of the bed. He had their pillow clutched to his chest, and blanket down to his waist. It had been two full days since he had gotten any sleep, two days since Y/N left to attend business with Lady Ningguang.

But there was light at the end of the tunnel finally, Y/N was coming home today and Xiao couldn't have been more happier. The two of you had been inseparable for years, doing absolutely everything together.

But in this case, not everyone gets invited to go to the Jade Chamber. Lady Ningguang's rules, and those rules shall remain.

Xiao had tears in his eyes from the dark images flashing through his head, the awful scenes playing in his head of things that have happened in his life, to things that could happen to you, to the both of you. A chill ran up his spine and his heart ached for you, cried for you.

You had been marching your way down to Wangshu Inn, enjoying the sunny day in Liyue. The region was absolutely gorgeous with it's high-topped mountains, to it's herons perching themselves in ponds, to the bright orange Cors Lapis gleaming at you.

You smiled to yourself, not able to hold back your happiness at the pretty day, excited to spend the rest of it with whom you longed for most.

The Wangshu Inn slowly began to come into your view, your eyes focusing ontop of it. You wondered how your love, Xiao, was holding up. But little to your knowledge, he was suffering from the terrors that prevented him from sleeping.

It wouldn't be much longer before you'd be together again, you picked up the pace

It wouldn't be much longer before you'd be together again, you picked up the pace. Speed walking, then almost into a full sprint, before you know it, your at your maximum speed.

Closer and closer you grew to the Inn, and closer and closer you became to hugging Xiao. That's all that mattered to you, since it had been ages since the two of you were apart for this long. Even if it was just two days, it felt like an eternity for the both of you.

Finally, you placed your foot on the first step of Wangshu Inn, then continued to climb the stairs. Your heart hammered in your chest from both running and Xiao, you were thrilled.

You stopped at your door, a big smile on your face. You knocked on the door and twisted the knob, "Xiao?" Your voice rang out, but no answer came.

You opened the door and stepped in, taking off your coat and putting it on the coat wrack. Your eyes scanned the room, looking for any signs of life, but nothing came into sight. A frown appeared on your face and you went into your bedroom, nervous at what had happened since you were gone.

"Xiao? Where are you?" You called again, getting nervous at your own words. As soon as you opened the door to your bedroom, your heart beat soothed itself.

There laid Xiao, sleeping peacefully ever since you stepped onto Wangshu Inn's property. His cute frame was curled into a ball, pillow clutched to his chest, and he was snoring ever so slightly.

You smiled to yourself like an idiot in love, and walked over. You took off your shoes and hopped right in next to him, which woke him up. Xiao sat up immediately with alerted eyes, and looked over to his side, to see your smiling face.

"It's okay, Xiao, I'm here now." You voice rang out and Xiao's heart melted. He immediately latched onto you, burying his face into your chest. "Please don't leave again." He said with a voice crack, clearly exhausted.

"Of course not! I hate leaving you, and I know you hate it too." You said, kissing the top of his head. A smile formed on his lips and he wrapped his arms around you, finally feeling content again.

"Was it the nightmares again?" You continued, looking down at him. Xiao propped his head up using your chest and looked at you with tired eyes, black bags had been under his eyes.

Your eyes widened and you slightly freaked out, "Oh my gosh, I should have never left! You should have came and got me! I'm so sorry, Xiao!" You kissed his eyelids, but he didn't care about if you had to leave or not, he's just happy you were finally back with him.

"I didn't want to interrupt your meeting, Ningguang isn't exactly the most accepting person." Xiao says, a frown on his face. You sighed and took his face in your hands, kissing his eyelids once again, down to his cheeks, then his jaw, then finally to his lips.

The tips of his ears were red, and Xiao looked away from you. You booped his nose and said, "You're cute." Which made his whole face redden even more, and led you to stick your tongue out at him.

"No I'm not." He whined at you and puffed his cheeks, which only made you think he was cuter. "Oh cmon! Your just doing this on purpose!" You exclaimed and squeezed him.

Xiao finally gave in and then kissed your forehead, "Thank you for coming home." He said to you with a small smile on his face, and you laughed at him. "And thank you for being the cutest boyfriend out there." You booped his nose again and he grinned at you, the both of you sharing a sweet kiss afterwards.

The night came soon after, with no night terrors around to hurt Xiao. The two of you were cuddled up against one another, facing each other. Xiao had already been asleep, but you on the other hand, you were watching his sleeping form silently. You couldn't help yourself, you still didn't understand how someone like him actually wanted you, how someone like him loved you.

Whatever it was in his heart, it was yours. You had the key to it, and no one else could ever. You were his light in the dark tunnel that never ended, and you would continue to be.

Your fingers ran through his hair, and you kissed his forehead. And the last thing you saw before you fell asleep beside him, was Xiao's smiling sleeping face.