Xiao • Corrupted

"But next time, I'm coming with you

"But next time, I'm coming with you."

Your body was on the ground, the black smoke was surround you and was thickening by the second. You weren't able to see very well, Hilichurls around you cheering at what they had done.

Your breathing was heavy, it felt like smoke was filling your lungs. Your body was new to the corruption, it wasn't adjusting well to it.

You knew you should have let Xiao come with you, you insisted on wanting to train alone. You wanted to be able to focus on your skills, but now you weren't sure if you were able to return home to tell Xiao of what you thought would be, a victory.

Now, it was a life or death situation. You tried to move around, but your limbs weren't responding. The place was surrounded by corrupted Hilichurls, the domain reeking of evil.

You wanted to cry, but no tears would come out. You were like a rag doll, thrown around and kicked around. Hilichurls making jabs at your side and laughing at you, watching your weak self not moving.

"Xiao.." You called out, your voice barely a whisper. You wanted to hear his voice one more time, you missed the comfort of his arms. The Lonely Yaksha wasn't so lonely when he had you around, his own fears and burden's resided.

He knew that everytime he came home, there was someone there waiting for him. But, it had been hours since you had left home. Xiao was probably worrying on whereabouts you were.

Your mind began recalling your precious memories with him, whether it was watching the sunset upon Wangshu Inn, to protecting Liyue from Osial a few months ago, to helping him overcome the burdens he had to face, watching his fellow Yaksha's torn apart.

Your mind started to faze and go dizzy, the corruption seeping in. You felt like a part of you was leaving your body, and you felt lighter than ever before.

You weren't sure how being corrupted was supposed to feel like, but it turned into complete pain and numbness, along with a blood curdling scream coming from your mouth.

Your vision went blank immediately, the last thing you saw was the pretty red leaves hanging above you.

"Disgusting fools." A voice rang out around you, and shouts went out around you. Metal against metal, blood slapping against the floor, swords slashing through the air.

Your body felt like it was on fire, you wanted to cry. Nothing was responding to you, and you couldn't open your eyes. Your hearing wasn't the best but at least something was there, and the next thing you heard was something metal sliding against the platform.