Childe • Family

"Buuut, Family is everything

"Buuut, Family is everything."

Both kids are adopted to keep this story gender neutral :)

"How did you and Daddy meet?" Your little girl asked you, curled up in your lap. "Daddy said it was in Liyue!" Your little boy said, snuggled up against your side.

You chuckled and ruffled the tops of their heads. "Well, he's not wrong. But there's more to the story besides just meeting in Liyue." You said, the little boy sitting up and looking at you. "Tell us! Tell us! Pleeeeaaassseee!" He begged you, and you smiled at him.

"Well, if you insist." And began recalling memories from years ago.

Flashback to when you were in Liyue, years ago

You had been walking down the streets of Liyue, the sun shining down on your face. The water was sparkling, the boats' sails were down and ready with the wind, the people in Liyue setting up their shops for the day.

Your day started perfect, until a little boy was giggling and running in your direction without you noticing. He stumbled and tripped, crashing into you. The both of you tumbled to the ground, the little boy crying as he scrapped his knee.

You got up immediately, "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" You said and held out your hands for him to take. "Are you okay?" He grabbed your hands and you pulled him up. "I'm fine." He said quietly and wiped his tears.

"Teucer!" A voice yelled, and a man had been running towards the two of you

"Teucer!" A voice yelled, and a man had been running towards the two of you. "Are you okay?" He ran up to you and noticed his bleeding knees. "Teucer, I told you no more running off! This is what happens when you do!"

"I-I'm sorry! I couldn't help it! I saw the kites that a nice lady was selling!" He cried and hugged his brother, the blood staining his knees.