Chapter 10

As Lisa had curled up for far too long, her entire body was  rather numb

As Lisa had curled up for far too long, her entire body was rather numb. Consequently, when Lisa attempted to straighten her body, she very nearly fell off the narrow cement ledge. Thankfully, Jungkook stepped up in the nick of time and managed to catch the skinny and disheveled body in his arms, the nasty smell of dried sweat and decomposed rubbish nearly overpowering his sense of smell.

The raging wind continued its rampage.

Jungkook dragged Lisa in from outside the window, as though he was dragging a heavy gunny sack. Having ensured that Lisa was now safe and sound in his house, Jungkook began to remove the tree leaves and unidentifiable pieces of rubbish from her hair and her clothes. As time passed, Jungkook's actions gradually became rougher. When he was finally done, he closed the windows, before asking in an icy tone, "Who did it?"

Streaks of lightning flashed across the sky, illuminating their pale, white faces.

"I'm asking you a question!" If Lisa was a chair, Jungkook would have smashed her onto the floor out of anger, "Who f***ing did this?!"

Lisa lowered her head. After a long period of time, her low voice rang out, "Your arm, is it better?"

A tiny trace of surprise flickered over Jungkook's face. The charged fury which Jungkook had been radiating earlier on simmered down instantaneously. Jungkook subconsciously shifted his newly recovered arm, and turned his head away from Lisa, "It's fine now."

The two youths stood beneath the dim yellow glow of the ceiling lamp and stared at each other silently. Jungkook felt that Lisa was like a patch of cotton wool – no matter how hard he tried, he was simply unable to vent his frustrations on her. Repressing his infuriation, he huffed, "You should bathe."

Lisa lowered her head and stared at the ground, clearly at a loss as to what to do.

Jungkook assumed that she simply had an extremely slow reaction, and began to close the distance between the two of them in an attempt to help her. It was only when he placed his palms on her back that he discovered that her previously sweat drenched uniform was now rather stiff after having been dried by the lengthy exposure to the wind.

His palms remained in contact with her back. Lisan didn't shy away from his touch.

"I'll pass you some new clothes." Pulling open the cupboard door, Jungkook randomly fished out a white t-shirt for Lisa and passed it to her. As Lisa reached out for the clothes, she discovered that her hands were extremely filthy and grimy, with clumps of black dirt clumped underneath her fingernails. Awkward, she retracted her outstretched hands.

Jungkook walked into the bathroom and simply hung the clothes on the rack. On turning back, he discovered that Lisa had silently followed him into the bathroom. Walking to the shower, he retrieved the showerhead and began scrubbing the greyish white limescale off the showerhead. Lowering his head, he pointed at the tap and explained, "Turn this way for hot water, and the other way for cold water." As he adjusted the water temperature for her, he continued, "The water pressure isn't fully stabilised, so take note that......"