Chapter 11

The next day

The next day. The sun hung in the centre of the sky, its fiery rays blazing down on the city beneath it.

It was afternoon. Jungkook sat by the side of the table, strumming his guitar and humming various tunes. Conversely, Lisa sprawled by the window, peering at the lively alley not far away. As it was still rather early in the afternoon, numerous farmers sat by the roadside, peddling their freshly grown vegetables and fruits.

The melody in the house came to a sudden stop.

Lisa didn't move, and remain sprawled by the window. Before long, Jungkook's shoes appeared in her vision field. Lisa raised her head to look at him. Hopping onto the window sill, Jungkook suggested, "Let's go for a walk."

Lisa readied herself to clamber onto the window sill. However, before she could even attempt to do so, Jungkook had already stooped down and offered his hand to her. Lisa paused for a second before placing her tiny hand firmly in his palm.

Easily lifting Lisa onto the window sill, Jungkook mocked her, "You're so skinny you're like a starved monkey."

Lisa, "..."

With a fluid jump, Jungkook successfully landed on the cement ledge. Once again, he turned back and stretched his hand out towards Lisa. As the cement ledge was rather narrow, Lisa's legs began to tremble at the possibility of falling onto the ground below. Lisa lowered her body as slowly as she could before finally managing to grip Jungkook's outstretched hand. With his help, Lisaeasily slid onto the narrow cement ledge.

The two youths pressed their bodies to the wall whilst traversing the cement ledge. Before long, they easily reached the emergency stairwell, and managed to climb onto the walls surrounding the abandoned steel mill.

There was a peddler at the bottom of the wall, selling his freshly harvested vegetables. There was a pile of discarded vegetable leafs next to his makeshift store.

Without any hesitation, Jungkook leapt off the wall. Conversely, Lisa was still stuck on the wall. Staring blankly at her surroundings, Lisa shifted from one foot to the other, feebly attempting to source for a more stable position on the wall.

Jungkook stretched his arms out towards Lisa, urging her to jump into his arms. Tightly pressing her lips together, Lisa shook her head gently, indicating that she did not require Jungkook's help.

Jungkook snorted before retracting both his arms and readied himself for a good show. As he stared at Lisa's white skirt, he suddenly began to squint, his lips curving into an immensely naughty smile.

Thunderstruck by the realisation of what Jungkook was smiling at, Lisa's face reddened with embarrassment. Without a moment's hesitation, she began to carefully tuck the folds of her skirt around her.

And with that, Jungkook could no longer admire the view.

Jungkook threatened, "I'm going to leave you here if you're not going to come down in a few minutes' time." He started to turn his body away from Lisa, putting in a bluff for her, "You can just wait for me on top of that wall."