Chapter 25

8th of June

8th of June. Noon.

The area immediately outside the school compound was swamped with parents waiting for their children to finish their graduation exams.

Zheng Yi also formed part of the immense crowd. Glancing at the anxious and nervous expressions of the parents surrounding him, Zheng Yi reflected upon himself, and felt mildly amused.

Da Kang hadn't been able to provide any useful clues after all – although Da Kang did tell Zheng Yi that Jungkook seemed to have been involved with another girl, Da Kang hadn't even properly met and seen that girl before.

With the clanging of the bell which signalled the end of the graduation exams, students began to rush out of the school compound like a flood. Zheng Yi was mildly taken aback – in the past, whenever Zheng Yi came to fetch Lisa from school, it would have been relatively late in the evening, and the school compound would be void of students.

The students had just completed the Integrated Science examination. Majority of the students had worried expressions etched onto their faces. The students who did not have any parents waiting for them simply headed home on their own, whilst those whose parents had come to fetch them were frantically sieving through the crowd, trying their best to locate their parents.

Gazing at the vast throngs of students before him, Zheng Yi felt his eyes starting to blur. Just then, he spotted Li Xiang, who had been waiting outside the school compound along with the rest of the parents. Li Xiang hadn't participated in the Integrated Science examination, and had spent his afternoon strolling in the area outside the school compound.

As Zheng Yi had originally intended to call Li Xiang up for further questioning this afternoon, he waved Li Xiang over to him.

Li Xiang said told him that since he had nothing much to do, he had decided to drop by the school compound to experience the atmosphere of the graduation exams. "Officer Zheng, are you waiting for Lisa?"

Zheng Yi nodded his head.

"Please don't tell me you're looking for her to question her about the case of the raincoat man again." Li Xiang looked at Zheng Yi exasperatedly.

"No, I'm not." Zheng Yi smiled. "What's with that expression on your face – it's as though my visiting of the school compound arouses intense feelings of annoyance and irritation in you."

Li Xiang ran his fingers through his hair abashedly. "That's because there's bound to be bad news every single time you visit."

"Well – I'm not here to bring Chen Nian any bad news; I'm here today to treat her to a meal."

Li Xiang reminded Zheng Yi tirelessly, "Remember not to ask her about the graduation exams. Generally, students get annoyed whenever others ask them about anything related to their examinations."

Zheng Yi promised, "Sure."

"By the way, what course of action will the police be taking against Luo Ting and her crew?"