Chapter 28.2

......

Zheng Yi swiftly sat in front of Jungkook, but the youth still insisted on one condition, "The would inflicted by Lisa onto Wei Cai is not deep. Wei Cai was murdered by Lai Qing, so Lisa should not be convicted of any crime."

Before Zheng Yi could even formulate a response to Jungkook, Jungkook's lawyer interjected, "I understand your concern. Don't worry, if the police officers do level charges against Lisa and attempt to prosecute her, I guarantee that I would be more than capable of mounting a successful defense for Lisa."

Zheng Yi hesitated before caving, "What I'm about to disclose is not appropriate given my role as a police officer. However – I just wanted to let you know that we do not, at present, have any evidence on hand which proves that Lisa had injured or murdered Wei Cai. In particular, we are especially lacking in physical evidence."

Upon receiving Zheng Yi's confirmation, Jungkook nodded.

He wasn't responsible for Wei Cai's murder.

By the time he had arrived at the hill behind the school compound, Wei Cai was already dead.

He conducted a quick check of Wei Cai's corpse, and saw that there was only one single wound which had been inflicted onto Wei Cai. It was a very deep cut. Aside from that, he was simply unable to locate any other cuts or open wounds on Wei Cai's corpse. If Lisa had used a knife to stab Wei Cai, the necessary inference to be made was that Lisa had, whilst tussling with Wei Cai, unintentionally murdered her.

There was a bloodied hand print on Wei Cai's shirt. Stretching out his hand, Jungkook compared the size of the bloodied hand print against his, and immediately concluded that the hand print belonged to Lisa.

Curious, Zheng Yi asked Jungkook what he felt upon making such a discovery. Jungkook responded,

He was extremely calm. For the minutest second, Jungkook wanted to lodge a police report, but that idea was quickly overturned. Involving the police officers meant that Lisa's action of bringing a knife to meet Wei Cai would be placed under extreme scrutiny – the police officers would investigate whether, from an objective point of view, Wei Cai evinced any intention and/or inclination of wanting to murder or cause grievous harm to Lisa, and the police officers would, more likely than not, conclude that there was no such intention and/or inclination – so the argument of 'self-defense' is unlikely to work. Regardless of whether the police officers discovered that Wei Cai was the mastermind behind Lisa's bullying incident, or questioned Lisa's motives in bringing a knife to meet Wei Cai, both of these clues would cause irreparable damage and harm to Lisa's credibility.

Jungkook hurriedly concocted a plan – to disguise himself as the raincoat man. Without a moment's hesitation, Jungkook returned home and retrieved the vibrator which his mum had left in the drawer, and utilised the vibrator to create a false image of Wei Cai having been sexually assaulted. Lai Qing possessed numerous raincoats which were near identical to each other; coincidentally, Jungkook had earlier borrowed one such raincoat from Lai Qing, and simply hadn't found the time to return it to Lai Qing. Jungkook decided to put this particular raincoat to good use, and pressed Wei Cai's fingernails against the raincoat, causing several scratch marks to be left on the raincoat.