Chapter 12

Having locked the door of her home securely, Lisa walked to the  stairwell – only to find Jungkook patiently waiting for her to appear

Having locked the door of her home securely, Lisa walked to the stairwell – only to find Jungkook patiently waiting for her to appear. The overnight rain had cleansed the dirt from the yard. The flowers were in full bloom, adding dashes of bright colors to the yard. Jungkook was carefully selecting various flowers when Lisa approached him, so focused in his task that he failed to notice the sound of her approaching footsteps.

When Lisa squat beside him, Jungkook had already plucked two flowers, curving and twisting them into a long and elaborate ear cuff. He helped her put on the ear cuffs, and commented, "It looks good on you."

Lisa: "......"

Lisa touched the flowers on her ears. Although the flowers were mildly itchy, she didn't take them off.

She was extremely careful when putting on her helmet.

The two youths rode on Jungkook's motorcycle, only stopping when they were one street away from the school compound.

"Let's get off here." Jungkook suggested.

"Sure." Lisa replied softly.

She knew that he didn't want her friends to gossip about her when they saw her together with him.

Hopping off the motorcycle, she returned the helmet to him. He passed her the bread and snacks which he had earlier purchased for her, meticulously instructing her, "You must finish all the food."

"Okay." Her voice was as soft as silk.

She peered into the bag of snacks, and inhaled the scent of the freshly baked bread. Jungkook began to explain, "I got you a new flavour, red bean buns. – Do you like red bean?"

"I do." Lisa nodded her head.

"Oh, and this." Jungkook retrieved a hair clip from his pocket. The hair clip had a rather simple design, and was light green in colour.

Slightly stunned, Lisa retrieved the hair clip from Jungkook.

"You......" Jungkook pointed to her fringe, "When you lower your head, your fringe always falls before your eyes."

"Thank you." Lisa felt her face growing hot, and lowered her head.

Jungkook turned away, a small smile forming on his lips. When Lisa raised her head, she discovered Bei Ye's small smile, and stared at him.

"What are you looking at?"

"Why are you......smiling?"

"Little stutterer, I always feel like laughing aloud every single time I hear you speak."

The laughing that Jungkook referred to was different from the laughing that Lisa referred to previously.

Flushing, Lisa lowered her head once more. As she looked down, her attention was caught by the silver key that hung from her neck. Although she hadn't found an occasion to use the key, she simply wanted to keep the key hung around her neck. He too, wanted her to keep the key hung around her neck.