Chapter 14

The sky had darkened completely

Jungkook asked every single shop along the streets, and finally found the dark and dingy alley Lisa had been dragged into. In the darkness of the night, Lisa's school bag, textbooks, pencils, mobile phone, skirt and red string lay strewn on the muddy floor.Jungkook hastily picked up Lisa's items, storing them in her school bag. He twined the red string around his hand, and continued to search for Lisa.

The icy cold wind swept up the alley, causing the leaves of the surrounding trees to rustle and their shadows to tremble. It was about to rain.

A single bolt of lightning ripped across the inky night sky, illuminating Jungkook's extraordinarily pale face. He walked further into the alley, the gust of wind causing a white piece of cloth to tumble to his feet. He had seen this piece of cloth before – in his toilet, hanging quietly from the clothing rack. That small piece of cloth stopped temporarily by Jungkook's feet before continuing its journey to the rubbish pile.

Jungkook found Lisa amongst the bushes, her white, pale body curled into a tight ball. There were innumerable wounds and marks on her body, as though she was a solitary, bloodshot eyeball that had dropped into the mud.

Jungkook knelt down beside Lisa. He took off his shirt, and carefully wrapped his shirt around her frail body. Lisa's body gave an involuntary shudder. Her breathing was barely perceptible.

"It's me......" He approached Lisa slowly, carefully sweeping the unruly fringe and hair from her face. Lisa stared at him blankly. One second. Two seconds. In that very moment, something Lisa had been dearly hanging onto broke into pieces, and she fainted into unconsciousness.

Jungkook carefully wrapped Lisa up.

Carrying her in his arms, Jungkook began the walk back to his motorcycle.

The alley was void of people. Bolts of pure white lightning streaked across the sky.

It was time. The torrential ran began to pour.

The motorcycle zoomed into the night as the wind and rain whipped around the two youths. The youths were drenched in entirety, as though they had been travelling underwater.

The icy sheets of rain continued to pour mercilessly from above. The girl in Jungkook's arms was akin to a corpse; her body was like a limp and lifeless rucksack that continually slid down the motorcycle as Jungkook drove. Jungkook was forced to stop his motorcycle again and again, each time patiently propping Lisa up and cuddling her with his arms. Finally, Jungkook was left with no choice but to tie Lisa to his body with a rope.

He hugged her tightly whilst muttering to himself under his breath, as though he was trying to hypnotise somebody, "It's okay. Everything's going to be fine. Trust me, everything's going to be fine."