Chapter 1

"Zhan," the man stirred from his sleep when he heard someone calling him.

"Zhan," he tried to ignore it and just closed his eyes, not even sparing a look towards the caller.

"Xiao Zhan!"

Zhan jolted out of the bed and looked at the woman who had both of her hands on her hips, looking angrily at Xiao Zhan who was just rubbing his eyes.

"Look what time it is, you're already late!" exclaimed the woman and Zhan looked at the time and was also surprised at how late he was. "Aish!" he scratched his head before standing up and running towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After showering, the woman called him to breakfast, "Zhan, sit here and eat your breakfast. It's bad to go with an empty stomach."

"I-I'm almost late so I just have to skip alright?" Zhan pleaded to the woman only to earn a stern glare from her. Knowing that Zhan will obviously lose, he just sat and grabbed a sandwich that was served on the table.

"Why are you only taking the sandwich? I cooked you a whole meal!" exclaimed the woman who was angrily stabbing the meatloaf with a fork and made Zhan gulp in fear.

"All right, I'll eat breakfast, sheesh," he took a plate put his breakfast there and started eating. After eating, he washed his plate and kissed the woman goodbye before walking towards the door.

"Goodbye Suzhen!" he said before closing the door.

***

It was 3 months after Suzhen had arrived in China. The Jiang siblings were quite happy when Suzhen arrived, they even went to a fancy restaurant and they were obviously treated by Suzhen to celebrate her coming home after a year. While the three were happily celebrating, Zhan felt that something was missing, a piece of him is missing but he just can't seem to find it. He just continued thinking when the three noticed him spacing out.

They asked Xiao Zhan what was wrong but Zhan chose to keep it to himself so that he'll not destroy the mood that was set by the three. The three were hesitant to just let Xiao Zhan be or urge him to tell them what he's feeling that is until Xiao Zhan excused himself and the three had their little meeting before they decided to just wait for the time where Xiao Zhan will tell them willingly.

Months passed after Suzhen's arrival, the woman could sense that her Xiao Zhan was no longer the Xiao Zhan she knew from before. She was even shocked when she knew that Xiao Zhan is now famous throughout the world. That made her realize how outdated she was and so, she decided to always keep herself updated all the time.

Back to the present, Suzhen is now living with Xiao Zhan and continued their relationship but both agreed to never let the public know about their relationship as it would bring something bad to both of them.

"Yanli," Suzhen called Yanli through the phone.

"What's wrong Suzhen?"

"I— there's something wrong with Zhan," Suzhen said, worry was evident in her tone. Yanli on the other hand noticed that this was a serious topic so she stopped her work for a while and decided to pay all her attention to her friend.

"How so?"

"He's been calling someone's name in his sleep and he sometimes has nightmares. This has never happened before," Suzhen was waiting for her friend's response. Actually, she thought of something but to prove it, she needs confirmation from her friend who knew Zhan the best.

"Zhen, do you think that maybe Zhan is..."

Yanli chose to not continue what she was about to say because she knew that Suzhen was already thinking about it too.

"I think so too but what should we do?" Suzhen asked as she was looking for some advice.

"We should let it be. After all, forgotten memories are meant to be remembered,"

Suzhen thought about what Yanli said and she found a point there.

"If Zhan remembers, then so be it,"

Suzhen said to Yanli and the other agreed to what she said. They just can't force someone to forget what happened at that time. After they had that serious talk, they decided to end it because they both had some things to do and that they would bring it back when the time comes.

***

"I have arrived!" Zhan exclaimed as he enters his manager's office making poor Wen Qing stand up from the shock.

"You idiot! I could've died if you were someone that I don't know!" she half-shouted as she smack Zhan on the shoulder only to earn a pout from the actor.

"My manager's so bad, she mistreats me every day...you're the same with Jiang Cheng, huhu Jie, save me from them," he faked crying only to earn a death glare from his manager who's ready to kill anyone. "Ehey, Qing, I'm just joking...you're an angel," flattered Zhan. It seems the only way for you to get out of Wen Qing's grip is to compliment her.

"Ehem," Wen Qing faked cough as she calmed herself down and started to go back to business. "Are you done with your painting?" Wen Qing asked first. This has become their routine for the past few months ever since Xiao Zhan's schedule changed. Both directors of the company and gallery agreed to half Xiao Zhan's schedule in a week. On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, Zhan would be at the gallery and on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be his time at the company to do some shootings for magazines, endorsements and some dramas. Though shooting a scene takes a lot of time well, that is not the case for Xiao Zhan. With his Superb acting, he would just have one take on that scene and it would be perfect!

"Hmm, it's fine. It'll be displayed on an art exhibit next month," said Zhan and took a seat, his usual seat. "So what am I going to do today? I have done my shooting both on the modelling and acting,"

"Oh yeah, Zhan. A TV show has decided to invite you for an interview and it would be..." Wen Qing notified Zhan and took a look at his planner before looking again and Xiao Zhan who was anticipating what his manager is going to say, "...with some actors that you have worked before," reported Wen Qing and ended it with a smile.

"So...are you going to accept? Or reject?"

Zhan thought about it for a while and then after eliminating the cons, he then arrived at a conclusion.

"All right, I'll do it," he said without a doubt in his voice and this response made Wen Qing smile. See, this is what she likes about Xiao Zhan, how the man clarifies things easily and sticks to the decision he makes without giving embarrassment to both Wen Qing and the company.

---------------
Edited
12/16/21

[First Chapter, dropped!!]

Please give a Vote and Comment your thoughts!