Twenty

Isaac and I we're skateboarding late at night. "I heard you have a boyfriend?" he said.

"I heard that too."

Isaac chuckled. I sped up a little and he followed behind.

"So how long have you been together?"

"Four months, maybe? Dunno."

"That's cool." There was silence. We weren't going anywhere. We were just in the middle of the street, an empty street, skating on high speed. I could feel the air piercing through my clothes. I felt free.

We stopped at the sidewalk and sat. Isaac offered me a cigarette and I took it. We smoked in silence for awhile.

"So what's he like?" he said.

I blew out a mist. "Tall. Slightly muscular than me. He has dark hair and wicked brown eyes. He's also French." I put out my wallet and showed him a picture of Tobias, the one I took from Hamilton.

"Holy shit. He looks like a fucking model."

I chuckled. "He does."

"You go to the same school together?"

"Yeah, he's a photography major."

"You're a lucky guy, dude."

"I am."

We were quiet. It's been a while since the last time I've smoked. The taste of tobacco and the mix of mint roamed around my throat like a tourist visiting a strange place.

"You're surprised, aren't you?" I said.

He was silent. "Yeah."

"Everyone would be."

"I know," he said. He shoved me slightly. "Am I gonna meet him someday?"

"Probably."

"Fuck yes." He was laughing and I am too. I knew Isaac would be cool with it. He's an open-book, and everyone likes him. "But, hey, if anyone gives you two trouble, don't hesitate to come to me yeah? I'll beat the shit out of anyone who bothers you two."

"Thanks, man."

There was a cat on the top of a parked car laying down. Then another cat came, it snuggled beside the other cat. Sometimes I wonder if I could ever love someone again.

"Maybe I should get a boyfriend too." Isaac said. I frowned and looked at him. He looked at me. Then we bursted out laughing.