Six

Mindy came into my thoughts again. I wonder what she's doing right now. If she's alright or not. If she's a live or not. Until now I still think about the things that I have done for her not to text me back or call me anymore.

What if she got caught up in an accident? Her parents would probably notify me. Right?

But, no. I got nothing.

I'm sick of people running away from me. I'm sick of the fact that they leave and not come back anymore without giving any reasons. Some part of me hopes that she's gonna knock on my front door and welcome me again with her hugs and kisses. The other is neutral

I just hope she's safe from wherever she's at right now.

Then I snapped out of my thoughts when Manta snapped her fingers in front of my face. I blinked rapidly as I got myself back together and looked at her.

"Eyes in the front, daydreamer," she whispered and turned her attention to the front. The professor was muttering words in French again. Some I understand, some I don't.

I blew out a sigh and extended my arms in front of the desk. My head lowered as I stretched my arms. "Everything okay?" I heard Manta talk to me again.

I turned my head to look at her and nodded, then I fixed my sitting position and turned my attention to the class. I don't want to end up getting kicked out again so I'll talk to her later.

An hour passed and the class ended. I went outside the classroom and Manta followed as I walked through the hallway. "Do you ever feel like the world is about to end?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Where did that come from?" she asked back.

Out of nowhere.  "Just answer the question." I said.

She breathed. "Sometimes."

"Do you think it will?"

"The world about to end?"

I looked at her. I nodded.

"Maybe," she answered. "Maybe one morning we'll just wake up to find out that a meteor is about to destroy the whole planet, or a massive disaster will wipe out the entire human race, or a disease that will bring everyone to lose our sanities and start killing each other."

"Wow. That's a lot." I mutter out of astonishment and craziness.

It really is a lot. I couldn't imagine myself surviving those either. If I'd be in one of those zombie apocalypse movies. I'd probably be the one to die first.

"Yeah, it is," Manta responded. "So whatever is going on with you right now or whatever it is that's bothering you, don't focus your whole self on it. I assure you; it's not worth it. You'll never know when you're going to have your last breath."

Is it really not worth it?

"Also, you need to pass your French class. Your grades are getting worse."